We had a great time at my parents' house, as always! I'm so glad the weather was nice--Rhett stayed outside pretty much dawn to dusk (and I do mean dawn--I think he woke up at 5:30 the first morning we were there and not much later the second two mornings). He helped Mo feed the hay to the cows, fed the horses, opened the gates for her in the fields, filled up bird feeders, deer feeders, etc. He was so tired the last night that I thought he was about to fall asleep under the coffee table. I told him he could skip a shower and just go straight to bed (Mary Katherine, can you believe I did that!? Z would have been proud of me--after all, it was sort of like vacation!). Mom took him upstairs and he told her, "Mo, I'm just too tired to even hold my arms up and brush my teeth. Will you brush them for me?" He also went to the shop with Dad one night. Uncle Greg was there--he always has fun with him, too. Here he is sitting in my cousin's race car:
One morning we went to my Grandparents' house to visit. We looked at the horses, the new mule, picked jonquils from her flowerbed, ate Jell-O...lots of fun stuff. They gave Alexee a belated birthday gift. Here she is opening it:
It was this CUTE spring outfit--I love the orange and brown and can't wait for her to wear it!
Rhett wanted to take a look at the storm cellar. Granddad Forrest took him inside:
Jell-O break:
Another highlight of the trip--a visit from Uncle G, the State Trooper! He let R try on his real handcuffs and pretended to not know if he had the keys with him! :) I don't think R was worried--he loved it!
He even let him start the siren and try on his cool hat:
Thanks for making this little boy's day!
Sonic picnic in the back of the truck:
After the picnic, we stopped by the neighbor's house to have birthday cake with her. She turned 93 this week, and Mom took her this little birthday cake. I asked R if he wanted to sing to her, and he did--it was so sweet. I was proud of him.
I guess R gets to drive the "farm buggy" by himself now. He's improved a lot since they first got it. He gave Mo, Granddad and sis a ride. I took a few turns riding, but Mom was afraid it would bounce me around too much and I'd go into labor!
Before leaving yesterday morning:
What a fun week. The kids didn't want to leave. (I didn't either, but we missed Lane and Bogart and we were ready to see them. I also couldn't help but be a little bit nervous since we were 2 1/2 hours from home and I'm only 4 weeks from my due date. I'll probably stick closer to home for the next month!)


6 comments:
Maybe I should take our kids to Flippen instead of Disneyworld! You truly make it look like the happiest place on earth! I'm sure it has way better food than Disney.
Your trips home always look so fun! I'm laughing at Sandra's comment!
Rhett makes me laugh and I LOVE Alexee's outfit.
Rhett in the police car is too funny.
I adore that little girl's outfit. So. VERY. CUTE!!!! I enjoyed all your pics;)
No bath! Good for you! Zachary would be VERY proud!
It sounds like Rhett had the time of his life :o) What wonderful memories you are making with your kids. Love the sweet picture of you and your sweet kiddos!
I love how much fun your kiddos have at Granddad's and Mo's. That little orange and brown outfit is just adorable. And Rhett and the Troop are too cute!!!
Post a Comment