Rhett requested a pizza party for his 5th birthday this year. Since my due date is so close, and Lane is super busy with school, I decided to have a simple, week-day pizza lunch with a few friends at Razorback Pizza. I think Rhett really had fun! There's an arcade there, and we had pizza and cupcakes and R opened his fun gifts.

I was so glad to see my sister walk through the door--she was such a big help keeping up with Alexee. Before Micaela arrived, Alexee had spotted one of our friends through the window of the arcade and took off running to meet her outside the restaurant. It scared me when I realized she could push open the heavy glass door at the entrance, and she didn't think twice about running outside. I caught her on the sidewalk, but then I was a nervous wreck the whole time--worrying that she'd try to make another getaway. When she wasn't running for the front door, she was going into the men's restroom or climbing on the concrete wall surrounding the arcade. She dumped her plate of pizza on my neighbor, Lisa, and I felt so bad because Lisa was all dressed up for an afternoon business meeting.

Rhett asked for vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing and chocolate chips--not sprinkles--on top. I ordered them from Blue Cake Company, and thought they were yummy!


Rhett got some really cool toys--he's had lots of fun playing with them since the party.
I love this picture of the little boys looking at/discussing the GI Joe action figures!
Us with my friend, Tracie, from our Bible Study group and her little girl, Aubrie. Alexee was getting tired by this point--look at the expression on her face.
(A HUGE thank-you to Becca for taking all these pictures with my camera! I wouldn't have had a chance to snap any myself--I'm so thankful she took on this task and did such a great job documenting the party!)Rhett's actual birthday is next week. I'm sure we'll be celebrating more between now and then. Lane is planning to take him to Chuck E. Cheese for games because he didn't get to come to the pizza lunch due to a school conflict. We'll also try to do our annual birthday dinner at his favorite restaurant, and R wants to take donuts to his MDO class next week. I guess it's best to spread the food and fun over several days of celebration anyway!
After the pizza party, I cooked Bunko Buns and Pina Colada Cake for Bible Study last night. By the end of the night, I was exhausted and my legs and feet were swollen for the first time during this pregnancy. I've tried to take it a little easier today. I had my 36 week doc appointment this a.m. (My doctor offered to let us schedule to be induced on the 26th or after--that's TWO WEEKS from tomorrow! For some reason we couldn't reach a decision on a date, so we didn't book anything. I will probably try to do that tomorrow. We'll see if Crosby likes that plan or if he's on a schedule of his own!? Afterward, I ran a few quick errands before picking up the kids at MDO. This afternoon Rhett and I played with his new chemistry set and recycling set while Alexee napped. Tonight Lane and I watched an episode of Biggest Loser that we had recorded (we were two weeks behind), then we watched the American Idol results show. Were you happy with the results? I won't say anything in case you have it recorded.






4 comments:
Great party, great friends and great fun!! You pulled it off wonderfully, Jamie!
I'm glad I was able to help- a lesson I learned from my resident bday party photographer, Mary Katherine!!
Happy Birthday Rhett! It sounds like there's still more fun to be had!
Yam - I can't believe you cooked Bunko Buns and Pina Colada Cake after throwing Rhett a birthday party.
You are my hero.
Jamie, You are a wonder woman! But you need to get a little rest before Crosby makes his appearance! Wish we all lived closer and I would volunteer to help you!
Happy Birthday to Rhett! Can't believe he and Jaiden will be five years old!
That looks SO fun! Happy B-Day R!
Post a Comment