Thursday, August 18, 2011

Boys in Branson

I'm late in posting this, but most of the pictures were taken with L's phone and I kept forgetting to get them. August 9-10th, Lane and Rhett took a quick overnight trip back to Branson...boys only this time. I brought up the idea of us all going, but R wanted it to just be the two of them. All summer he'd been looking forward to going back to Silver Dollar City with Lane, so I certainly didn't want to mess up their plans. Alexee, however, didn't like the idea of getting left out and she took every opportunity to annoy Rhett by saying things like, "When WE go to Branson next week..." and "I can't wait to play mini-golf again...", etc. One night we were in the playroom saying prayers together, and when it came to her turn she prayed for us ALL to have a safe trip to Branson. I had to smile--I knew she did it to get to Rhett so I opened one eye to look at her. She was smiling and watching R while she prayed to monitor his response. :)

Anyway, they left early one morning and drove straight to S$City to spend the rest of the day. I think they rode every ride except for Wildfire (R was 3/4" too short). That night they played mini-golf at Pirates Cove and ate at Joe's Crab Shack and stayed in a hotel--which Rhett LOVES.
Favorite Ride: Fire in the Hole
Wednesday morning they went swimming at the hotel pool and had breakfast at IHOP.
After breakfast they went to the Wax Museum. Lane said it was neat, but Rhett wasn't crazy about it--he was a little scared of the wax figures.
Lane tried to get him to stand beside Rhett Butler, but he didn't want to.
He did take a picture of Lane.
This was the one place he was willing to stand.
Lane sent this picture to me just for fun because he knows these two drive me nuts. (I think I might be the only person in the world that doesn't love them! ha!)
They had a great time and came home with delicious gifts! I'm glad they were able to take this little trip and make some fun memories.

7 comments:

In His Army said...

I thought it was so cute they went together! We WASTED money on Ripley's Believe it or Not and the whole way back to the hotel talked about how we wished we would've gone to the wax museum instead. haha! Why is it that it (Ripley's) seemed cool as a kid/teenager and we were sprinting to get out of it this time?! The wax museum looks fun. Loved the picture he snapped of Lane :)

sandra said...

I love father/son adventures! Looks like Rhett had such a good time. I also don't care anything about the Twilight stuff. There's hardly any time in my day as it is - much less trying to keep up with some vampires.

The Keltons said...

I am not a fan of Twilight either...anything "vampire" for that matter. Looks like they had a fun trip.

Ryan V. said...

The wax museum looked neat, although I can see how it can be kind of creepy for kids! I am amazed at the art it takes to carve those people though (or maybe they just used computerized molds ha ha!) I am NOT a fan of twilight either! I just don't like vampire movies, so I've had no interest in the books or movies, even though so many people love it so much.

Dawn said...

I love that Alexee prayed for the whole family to have a safe trip just to annoy her brother!!

Sharmin said...

Sometimes the "guys" just have to do a little male bonding.

As far as Twilight goes, I haven't read the books, seen the movies, and don't really plan to. I deal with enough teenage girls I get to hear about "Edward and Bella" ad nauseum!

Heather said...

So glad they had a fun trip!! I laughed when I read how A kept trying to talk her way into going up until the very end...love that smart girl!!