Thursday, August 4, 2011

Record Heat

We haven't had anything exciting going on this week. Several cities in Arkansas saw record high temps. It was only 93 yesterday, and that actually seemed a lot cooler! I took the kids swimming for about an hour Wednesday morning, which they always love. They took good naps that afternoon--I think the heat wears them out. Wednesday night we had a babysitter, and Lane and I went to dinner at Loca Luna and saw Captain America. I stayed awake through the whole movie, which is unusual. It was a fun night out!
Thursday morning we had several errands: We met my sister half-way between our house and her office so I could pass along some things I'd been meaning to give her. Then we dropped off some baby boy clothes at my friend Leslie's office, went to A & C's MDO school to fill out fall paperwork, went to Fresh Market to pick up flowers for a friend's b-day, grabbed lunch at Sonic and went to Crosby's haircut appointment.

Sitting at the toddler table filling out paperwork with an audience. :)
Alexee looking at flower options at Fresh Market
Small conflict: Rhett wanted to get Mrs. Debbie orange roses, Alexee wanted to get pink ones. Crosby just wanted out of the cart!
Yesterday afternoon they played in the sprinkler for a little while. It didn't take long for them to get hot and want to go inside. Alexee is holding a container she'd prepared for a lizard, but we were never able to catch him--he was too fast!
They came inside and took early baths because they were pretty dirty. Meanwhile the photographer called to say he was on his way by to drop off C's 2 year portrait. I went into speed-cleaning mode to get the house presentable for company. I LOVE the portrait. I'll post a picture once we get it framed/decide where to hang it!

0 comments: