Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Pool Party

Alexee was invited to her friend Addison's 4th birthday party this morning. We had a big storm last night (thankful for the rain!), so I was concerned that the pool party might not work out. But the rain moved out early this morning leaving us with a cooler, overcast day--perfect for a birthday party! Alexee had a great time swimming with her friends, and I enjoyed visiting with the other moms. Rhett and Crosby had fun with Mrs. Jillian--when I asked her if she'd be available to watch them for a little while today, she asked if they'd like to come over to her house this time. They loved that idea! She and her husband were so sweet to take the boys fishing at the lake next to their apartment, and when I called to say we were on our way to pick them up she said they were baking cookies. Both boys had made themselves right at home--they were eating cookies and watching a movie when Alexee and I arrived! :)

I didn't take many pictures today, but here are a few from the pool:
splashing with friends
Time for snacks!
They served these cute smiley face cookies (I took a big bite before I thought to take a picture-ha!), fresh fruit, Goldfish crackers and juice.
The birthday banner was really cute too!

1 comments:

Candy said...

Yay for rain! :) Looks like a really fun party. :) Thinking of ya'll as the school year begins, hope Rhett has a wonderful 1st day. :)