Lane had the day off so he took Alexee to her make-up gymnastics class. She always loves for him to get to take her. Rhett wanted to go with them and Crosby stayed with me. Around noon a plumber came over because someone put way too much leftover spaghetti down the garbage disposal two nights ago which caused some kitchen sink issues. Luckily the plumber was able to fix it in about 10 minutes.
I didn't know it, but Rhett and Alexee took money with them to gymnastics (R took $5 and A took change in a Ziploc bag), and they asked Lane if they could stop somewhere and buy me a gift. :) So they stopped at Walgreens and got me this! Sweetest thing ever--made my day!

They came home and rushed upstairs to sign the card without me seeing it. Lane said they shopped for about 20 minutes and discussed getting me a first aid kit, nail polish, shoe polish, hair bows, a deck of cards, a jewelry box and a toothbrush travel case. They finally decided on chocolates, and L gave them a little guidance by telling them I love toffee. Perfect!! :) Rhett wrote the sweet note and Alexee drew the picture--she said that's me on the left (the tall one!??) standing with my whole family. I'm so blessed to be their mom!
They signed C's name, too. :)

Today was also special because it was Alexee's Half-Birthday! We made ice cream sundaes after dinner to celebrate. Happy Half-Birthday, Alexee! I asked her if she felt older, and she said "I actually already feel like I'm 5 1/2".
4.5

I love when she wants to wear her hair like this. :)


5 comments:
That is the sweetest thing! Very thoughtful kiddos :) It seems like A just had her birthday a month ago! How has it already been 6 months? wow! Happy half-birthday!
Such sweet kids! The other gifts they considered are pretty funny though! :)
You have raised beautiful children on the inside and outside!
Your Atlanta,Texas friends
Phil and Babs
That is sooooo sweet! I loved seeing your kiddos at gymnastics this week...and I LOVED Alexee's hair in her braided pigtails!
Jamie, Your kids are precious! That's one card you won't throw away anytime soon, isn't it???
Post a Comment