Sunday, August 14, 2011

FLW Outdoors Expo

After church today the kids and I, along with my sister and her kids, took a trip to Hot Springs to go to the FLW Outdoors Expo. (Lane was at work. We joked tonight when he got home that I would have to mention him on our blog once in a while and say that we are still happily married because I don't think he's going to be able to attend many family events or be in many family pictures this year. Maybe we can PhotoShop him into some photos?!) So we missed having Lane with us, but we had a good time. L's parents met us at the show, and I got to see lots of people on my side of the family and friends from home. The expo was full of interesting things for the kids to enjoy: a rock climbing wall (National Guard booth), jump house (Snickers booth), BB gun booth (Boy Scouts) as well as free candy, balloons, dog food, hats, toys, peanut butter, bacon and many other great things! :)

The kids loved checking out all the beautiful Ranger boats!
Bob got a workout following Crosby around making sure he didn't fall (or jump) overboard!
Rhett visited with Mo Nina and Granddad Forrest a little bit.
Alexee and Crosby went through this fun bounce house twice. I asked Alexee to stay right with Crosby to help him through, and she was sweet to wait on him and encourage him to make it to the top...and he did it! He's a good little climber!Cool fish tank provided by the AR Game & Fish Commission. I wish I'd taken a picture of the huge catfish inside!
My Mom, Alexee, Lane's parents & Crosby
Crosby shows Grammy how he can drive.
(Behind them, Dad is visiting with Mr. T. Boone Pickens.)
Lane's Mother and my Grandparents
And then we called Lane's Dad over to join in for a photo
My sis took a turn holding Crosby while we watched the casting contest.
Jimmy Houston and Tony the Tiger in the contest
Kids waiting in line to shoot BB guns. This is the closest we got to getting all five to look/smile.
Rhett did great!
And so did Alexee (with the pink gun!) :)
:)
Dad, Jaiden, Rhett & Alexee
Poor Crosby--he was so good the whole time, but he was exhausted when we left. I think he fell asleep about the time we got out of the parking lot, but he didn't stay asleep long because it was just too loud in the car and I made an abrupt stop at a light instead of "hurrying" through the yellow light on the way out of town.
Since Rhett starts school tomorrow and Crosby was getting so tired, we decided not to stay for the final weigh-in of the FLW Cup. I wish we could have stayed, but we were able to catch the end of it on the internet live feed. It was very exciting--congratulations to Scott Martin! I'm really happy he won--he sounded like such a nice guy with a strong faith and a sweet Christian family! He very kindly thanked his sponsors, etc., but then said that 10 years ago he accepted an even greater prize than this: a personal relationship with his Lord and Savior and his life had been richly blessed by HIM! What a great witness and testimony!
kids watching the final moments to see who wins $600,000--wow!!!
A fun day! But now I'm off to get things ready for school in the morning and get to bed. After dropping Rhett off in the morning I plan to go to a back-to-school prayer brunch hosted by a few of the moms from our school and church--I thought that was such a neat idea!

3 comments:

sandra said...

So neat! My favorite part of this post was when you mentioned "free bacon". Yum.

The Jennings said...

That looks so awesome! I wish it would have worked out for us to go! Ramsey talks about getting a Ranger boat when he joins the fishing team at ECS. Ha!

Gretchan

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, my husband would love to attend that. Boys & their toys :)
Love your blog!