Friday afternoon Rhett went to our neighbor's birthday party/sleepover. He'd been looking forward to it all week. They had a great time. Saturday Lane's parents came to visit. We all went to lunch at McAlister's, then Bob & Rose Mary stayed with the kids while C napped and Lane and I went to run a few errands (including microwave shopping because ours started shooting sparks last week). Saturday evening Lane and I had a dinner date planned with our friends Brad & Leslie. Grammy and Bobba were sweet to stay and babysit for the evening too--the kids always love having them do bed-time with them. We had a delicious meal at Bravo and enjoyed catching up with Brad & Leslie. After dinner we walked over to the new Apple store that opened yesterday morning! We are super happy to have an Apple store here now!
Since Lane didn't work this weekend, he was able to go to church with us for the first time in weeks. It was so nice to all go together. Unfortunately Crosby had started feeling a bit bad yesterday afternoon, and he was running a little fever when we got home. (He didn't have a fever before church though, and I thought maybe he just had a little bit of a tummy ache last night so we went ahead and took him to church.) He hasn't felt up to playing today--he's spent a lot of time sitting in my lap. Of course I hate that he's sick, but I do love getting to sit and hold him--he's usually way too busy for that. Hopefully he will feel much better tomorrow.
I took this picture of C Friday morning. I thought he looked SO sweet!
On the way out the door for the sleepover. Alexee helped Rhett carry his stuff over to his friend's house. Crosby and I walked over there too, but we should have stayed at home because C fell on their front steps and got a big bump/scratch/bruise on his forehead. :(
New Apple store

Lane's cousin got a job there, so we visited with him and he showed us around the store.

And a brief caterpillar update:
Saturday morning we transferred two caterpillars into the bug box and gave them lots of milkweed leaves to much on. The kids have checked on them numerous times. This evening we found that the bigger one has crawled up to the top of the box, just as we'd hoped! Last time we looked, the smaller one was on the side of the box. I tried to pick it up and move it back down to the leaves for more eating, but when I did I noticed it was sticking to the wall with sort of a "spider-web" type substance so I just left it alone. I'm not sure why one is a lot smaller than the other, but they both seem to be slowing down. Can't wait to see what happens next!





0 comments:
Post a Comment