Friday, August 12, 2011

Meet & Greet

Last night was the teacher Meet & Greet at R's school. We saw his teacher and smiled at her, but we didn't stay long enough to actually meet/greet her because Lane was at work and Crosby was with us--climbing shelves and scribbling on the volunteer sign-up sheets, etc.. I thought we'd probably make a better first impression by just dropping off the supplies and leaving! ha!I think there is only one child in Rhett's class from last year. I was hoping to see more familiar faces (both kids and parents), but I'm sure he'll make new friends and quickly settle into a new classroom routine.
He unpacked his supplies at his table so that he wouldn't have to carry them in on Monday morning.

*****
This morning was the Meet & Greet at Alexee and Crosby's preschool. We went out for donuts on our way there.
I wanted to take Crosby's picture by his classroom door, but he was curious to see what was inside!
His classroom is an "Under the Sea" theme--bright and cheerful!
Then we went to see Alexee's classroom and found out that one of her teachers is the same 4 year old teacher that Rhett had! She knows several of the kids in her class, and she was excited about the art station. They will do the same book Rhett did at that age: Handwriting Without Tears. I think she will do great in the Pre-K4 program. She likes to write and draw, and she is a patient learner and a good listener (at least I think she is most of the time...I hope the teachers will agree!).
Her classroom is also very bright and full of interesting things!
It hope the kids have a safe and happy school year!

2 comments:

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

It's hard to believe another school year is here aleady! I LOVE all of the pictures of the kids in their classrooms...I am sure they are going to have a great year!!

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you found my blog and that I can keep up with you and your kiddos through yours! Can't believe how big Alexee is and that Crosby, my how time flies! Hope you're doing well!