Friday, June 6, 2008

All Boy

Below are some of my favorite pictures of Rhett at the shop on Tuesday. I think Dad likes that R refers to it as "our shop", meaning his and his Granddad's. Dad has two girls...my sister has always loved sports, and she and I probably both liked go-carts, 4-wheelers, motorcycles, etc., more than most girls growing up...but a little boy is just different. Rhett wants to know how things work. He likes to sit in cars just for the fun of turning the ignition key all by himself. So he and his Granddad get along great. Uncle Greg & Uncle Jerry are there a lot, too, which makes it even more fun. Tuesday evening, Mom said she'd stay with Alexee if I wanted to go take pictures of Rhett. I'm so glad I did--he was so cute and dirty. As I've mentioned before, it is really fun for me to shop for sweet dresses for Alexee and put bows in her hair*, but it is equally fun to see Rhett get his clothes greasy and mess up his hair! :)

*It might change, but for the record, I think Alexee would prefer running around with Rhett to dressing up in a dress and bow. :)

Uncle Greg & Rhett take a go-cart ride


















I don't see him play with toy cars very often at home, but I noticed him "zooming" this little blue car along the lift.

























He likes to put things back into their bins.













Greg showed him how to use the magnifying glass. Here I think he said he was looking for dirt (which could be easily spotted without the help of magnification).




































Dad and Greg were sketching/discussing something for a car project. I thought it was cute that R climbed up on a stool and joined in the conversation (asked a million questions).













I love this sweet face!


















Favorite shop drink--Lipton Green Tea. He'd already had one when I got there Tuesday, and he went to the fridge to help himself to another (which he forgot about--thank goodness--caffeine overload!)












0 comments: