Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MDO

On future MDO days I'm going to have to be more productive and not spend money, but today I guess I celebrated...I did some shopping! :) First I went to a pharmacy/interior store to look for a replacement pink blankie for Alexee. This was the third store I've tried--no luck. Maybe Ebay?

Here are my fun purchases--I really enjoyed the morning:

Summer dress and shirt from Francesca's.
I went to Hancock Fabrics and bought three different smocked materials to (ATTEMPT) to make Alexee some little summer dresses. I'll post pics of her in them if they're wearable. The ribbon is for the ties on the shoulder. I paid $23 total for the materials (fabric was 40% off), so if they turn out okay, she'll have three new play dresses for $23. They seem easy enough to make--basically just stitch the material together one one side, hem the bottom and sew on the ribbon at the shoulders??

Last time I was home Mom gave me this cute animal cracker tin that she'd saved. Then I was looking through Williams-Sonoma and saw these...I thought they'd be a great together, so I stopped by there today. R likes to bake with me, especially if he gets to cut things, so I thought this would be a fun rainy-day project for us.

I also purchased a new swimsuit (don't worry--I'll never post a picture of me wearing it) because Lane called my other one a "grandma swimsuit". I'm going to hate wearing a swimsuit regardless...but I guess I'd rather look 31 and bad in a swimsuit vs. 91 and bad in a swimsuit! ha!

Not pictured: Starbucks Iced Vanilla Latte--yum!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine you looking bad in anything, but regardless, I'm right there with you that no one would have to worry about me posting a picture of myself in a swimsuit!

Love all of your fun purchases!

Anonymous said...

I saw this place where we live that is making these really cute swimsuit coverups out of beach towels. The ones for kids are adorable. Most have the summer dress look with straps of ribbon at the shoulders with monogrammed name on the front and some for the boys are beach towels made into shorts. A friend of mine uses them after the kids swim instead of dragging heavy towels to the pool. Neat idea..I'll try to post a picture of them on my blog.

Leigh Ann said...

Love the fabric. I can't wait to see the finished product. I'm sure they will be adorable. Isn't it fun to have a shopping day by yourself (nothing against the children, but I just can't do it with them with me). I am shopping tomorrow, and I can't wait! I hope I have luck like you did. Usually when I have the trip planned, I never find anything. Was the pharmacy "All Thru the House?" If so, I love that place. Did you know Stephanie? She went to OBU.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day!! I'm glad it was productive for you. There is nothing like a day of shopping!!

Lindsey said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comments. We'll look for you at church. Ana and Jake went without us last week, but I'm looking forward to hitting the newborn room this week. These dresses are adorable! You're so crafty!

Heather said...

Fun morning out, what are you doing tomorrow during the break?