My sister & her kids met us at the zoo this morning. Rhett was hilarious--he talked NON-STOP from the minute we walked in the gate. I told my sister that I needed to get him a summer job as a zoo tour guide. He was running ahead to show us where the tigers sleep, which snakes are venomous and non-venomous, which kind of snake "bit Mrs. Heather's Dad in Texas", telling us that the elephants throw dirt on themselves to cool off, on and on and on. Lane and I are both fairly quiet people--I don't know how this child got the extremely talkative gene!? We had a good time. Rhett and Jaiden are always so excited to see each other. Alexee wasn't crazy about sitting in the stroller, but with enough animal crackers, juice boxes, suckers, etc., I was able to convince her to stay. Jeryn is a very easy-going kid...he's usually happy doing whatever.

After about an hour at the zoo, we were crazy enough to try going out to lunch. We hadn't even put the babies in their highchairs yet when we realized that Rhett had squirted mustard all over Jaiden's hair, face and shirt. The waitress came rushing over with a pile of napkins, and then everyone seemed to be staring at us during the entire meal. We all had purple milkshakes, and Micaela and I both ordered tuna sandwiches which we ate every bite of...they were so good! Fun day...thanks for coming to see us today, M!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


7 comments:
I hope Rhett can give Schäfer a tour of the zoo! Sounds like he is quite the expert!
Mustard in the hair is just so funny! Hope you got a picture of that!!
What a wonderful day with cousins!
I'm jealous ya'll got to go to the zoo - that sounds so fun!!!
I'm laughing about Rhett - sounds like he is taking after his grandpa Randy, his Aunt Micaela, His great-uncle Greg and his cousin Mack David. :-)
Too fun!
I'm with Kelly... I was thinking... mmm, he does have the Hopper gene!!
Those are great pictures. Isn't it fun to have cousins around the same age? That's great you and your sister get to share that together. We need to go to the zoo. I always wait until it's too late in the summer and so hot that the animals are hiding away trying to stay cool and we end up not seeing any animals. To this day, I think Evan wonders if there really are animals at the zoo. Ha.
Fun times..I so wish I could've seen the mustard episode. What did you do?
Can't wait to take Brooks to the zoo with R as our guide. I'm going to tell dad that R includes him during his "guiding"!!
Thanks for the fun day! Rhett sure was EXTRA talkative at the zoo! I couldn't keep from laughing because he wouldn't even let us stay long enough to look before he was moving on the the next thing! How bout him telling us that "this is the cage the elephants used to have before they moved them..." Whether it was true or not I guess he knows that a good tour guide always knows a little history to keep it interesting! Ha! mgt
Post a Comment