Wednesday, June 11, 2008

First Day

The summer MDO program at R's school started this week. R has Ms. Jodie again--she's so wonderful! I wish she could move right on into Kindergarten with him! Alexee is going one morning this summer, too. She always wants to stay in R's class when we drop him off, so I think she'll enjoy it once she gets used to it. She cried today, which made me very sad, and brought back memories of when I dropped R off on his first MDO day. I ordered these cute pink & brown name cards for Alexee a while back. I need to get a luggage tie (can't think of official name), but since I didn't think about it until about 10:00 last night, I used contact paper and pink ribbon to "laminate" and attach it to her bag.

Her first day--what a big girl!
Her big brother was so sweet helping her find her classroom. He was excited about her going to school with him. He actually wanted her to be in his class (she would have preferred that, too).

5 comments:

Heather said...

Could they be any cuter together?? I hope you had a fun morning to yourself!!

Anonymous said...

What a big girl to be going to MDO! That must be wonderful for you, Jamie. I look forward to the day that I can take Lindsey. I just know she'll cry too. Kathryn is at Gymboree this summer (they have a preschool program ages 3-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-2). She loves it (and so do I).

Kelly said...

I can't believe Alexee is big enough to go to MDO!!!!! How big she looks in these pictures!
And I'm glad you get a day to yourself - you got lots of fun things today!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She is growing so fast! I can't believe she is such a big girl!!

His Doorkeeper said...

OH.MY.Word! Can Alexee already be big enough to go to MDO?? Their picture together is just the cutest!

Kelly started going to MDO at my church so I could go see my doctor before Chris was born. The wonderful story is that after K was there for awhile, S started going to church with me there and he got saved!! I have a special love for the MDO program!