This morning Rhett got up at 6:30 to go meet "Bob the Bulldozer" with Dad. Bob is doing some work in one of the fields near their house. Rhett sat on the bulldozer yesterday while it was parked. Alexee wanted on, and it was sweet because he helped pull her up to the seat so she could sit beside him. Then Grandmother called at 7:00 to see if we wanted to come over and pick cherries in her front yard, so we did that at 8:00. I picked cherries with her a few summers ago...well, I guess it's been several summers ago now because I don't think Rhett was born yet!? Anyway, these are tart cherries that make yummy pies. I had Rhett and Alexee with me, so I wasn't much help, but Grandmother picked two zip-loc bags full for me and pitted them on her back porch. We also looked at her baby chickens, beautiful vegetable garden and goldfish pond. Alexee loved chasing their 16 year old dog, Abe, around. Poor dog--he couldn't seem to find a good enough hiding place. Alexee LOVES dogs--she's yet to meet one that scared her. Then we went to my Aunt Rhonda's house to visit. She had not seen Alexee in a long time, probably since Christmas. Alexee chased her dog, Rosie, all over the yard and enjoyed rocking in her rocking chair. I took pictures, but don't know how to download them from my camera on this computer. It's only lunch time...I'm sure we'll have more adventures before the day is over. A's napping now, and Rhett's taking a popcorn and cartoon break.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


3 comments:
I know going out there is just as relaxing as where I'm at right now...enjoy the easy pace of life out on the farm! It's about over for us here in Florida - sad!
I love Flippen so much. It just seems like the perfect place to be a kid!
What a great way to spend the morning...picking cherries with Grandmother. I call my mom's mom Grandmother, too, and that also sounds like something we would do together.
Post a Comment