Rhett has been wanting to camp out for a while. We first thought we'd take the new tent to the river and camp during our Flippin visit. But Thursday turned out to be a long day, and the back yard seemed much more convenient. Dad & R decided to camp in the "upper bunk" (as R called it) of Mom's horse trailer. It was humid, but that's part of the beauty of camping a few yards from the house--you can use extension cords to operate big fans! We carried out blankets, pillows, two blow-up beds, a flashlight and a water bottle. They were all set. When I was giving R a bath before camping, he said, "I can't believe I'm finally getting to camp out!" It was so cute. They stayed out there for a few hours, talking and telling stories. Rhett finally fell asleep and Dad carried him in. R woke up and protested, but he finally settled down upstairs in the bed.
Mom helping them get ready.


R likes for Dad to tell him "spooky stories, but not too spooky." I think one of the stories involved a cave with bats, a bear and a rattlesnake. 
Happy Campers!
Fun times!
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


3 comments:
OH this is precious!!!! Your parents make such great grandparents!!!!
It shows how much your parents enjoy A and R. Just so sweet!
How fun! What great memories he'll have. :)
Post a Comment