Rhett moved from private lessons into a small group session this month. He's swimming a longer distance now, but the teacher says he needs to continue to work on coming up for air. He did great working on form today--I could see him really moving his arms like his teacher showed him. He says he wants to be on the swim team. :) I'm not sure if his interest will last, but I think it's cute that he wants to be on the team. I'm really proud of him. I can swim, but I'm not a good swimmer, so I'm encouraged that he's doing so well at a young age. I'm extremely nervous with the kids being around water, so every little bit of skill he gains eases my mind just a tiny bit.
(he's the one sitting on the right.)

Alexee would like to jump in the water with him. She wasn't a big fan of hanging out in the stroller watching.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


6 comments:
That is awesome that he is swimming so well while he is still such a small guy. I know what you mean...water scares me with the kids, so I know the skills he is learning makes you feel so much better.
I remember those days. Kale picked his swimming up when he saw Tyler jumping off the diving board! ha!
Rhett is an amazing swimmer! I hope he does join the swim team! I have no clue how you got Alexee to stay in the stroller. You have some magical powers!
When Grace was just two, we bought her the little floatie swimsuits from Land's End...those things are THE best! She could swim w/o us having to be in the water or worry! Now, she's so used to "swimming", that she's taking off the floatie and doing okay! It's very nervewracking though!
Yay Rhett..I'll come to some swim meets!!! I can't wait to start lessons for Brooks.
I am glad Rhett is doing so well! The confidence they gain while learning to swim is so wonderful. Poor Alexee and John! If Alexee is any like John, she is the one that would rather be out there! Thanks for reading my blog!
Gretchan
Post a Comment