Yesterday morning we went to Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Just as we walked in the door, we saw our friends, the Svobodas, and they told us that there was about to be a kitchen tour if we wanted to come along...and we did! I told Becca that I felt like I was part of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood (Did you ever watch that as a kid? I loved when they toured places to see how things were made.) Anyway, it was fun to take a peek behind the scenes. I tried not to notice when one of the little girls stuck her whole hand in the bin of sprinkles. 
Rhett and his friend watching how sprinkle doughnuts are made:
Alexee showing us how doughnuts are eaten:
They were so proud of their balloons that they wouldn't move them aside for a picture together:
When we got home, Lane and Rhett worked off a few calories by mowing the front yard. Here's R helping with the grass clippings and pulling weeds/shriveled up pansies.
Yesterday afternoon I went out to buy new tennis shoes. The last time I purchased tennis shoes was summer 2005, so I'm sure the support was worn out long ago. No wonder my feet and ankles hurt while I'm at the gym. I went to the New Balance store, and the guy there was very knowledgeable and helpful. I'm excited about trying out the new shoes--hopefully they'll make a difference with the aches and pains (maybe I'm just getting old?).
Last night we had a babysitter, so we met our friends, the Miles, at P.F. Chang's for dinner. I forgot to take any pictures of us at the restaurant. The food was great, and we enjoyed catching up with Brad and Leslie. They recently got back from a trip to Italy, so they had some interesting experiences to tell about, including seeing the Pope, Patrick Dempsey AND Richard Simmons in Rome!
Then Lane and I went to see this movie. We both got lots of big laughs out of it. I think Steve Carell is hilarious--his mannerisms are so funny.
We had a great day at church today, then L, R and I watched Ratatouille this afternoon. R had been watching it in the car, and it sounded like such a cute movie, so we brought it inside so we could see it. It was great--you really should rent it! And that's about it for the weekend...they go by too fast. Have a good week...
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


6 comments:
Your weekend sounds SOOOOO fun - from the tour of Krispy kreme to P F changs and a movie! (and wow - your friends saw a lot of people in Italy - I want to go there one day). Glad ya'll had so much fun and got to have a date!
How lucky is Leslie to get to see Patrick Dempsey in person! I'm jealous! Ha! I'm with you...I think Steve Carell is HILARIOUS. We laugh out loud when we watch "The Office." That's really neat that you guys got to go on that tour. I'm like A, eating the product is the best part!
I can't believe you got to tour KK!! If they gave free hot samples, count me in!!
I'm glad there's not a KK close to us!
We had Logan's birthday party Sunday afternoon, I wish Rhett could have come, it was fun, but mostly adults. I cheated and took cupcakes to school for him yesterday.
Fun weekend..that's so neat that B & L saw all of those famous people. Bryan's boss was in Italy the same time too. Why can't we be in Italy???
I want to see Get Smart too!!
We totally have to go on a Krispy Kreme tour when we get back to the states. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
Post a Comment