Saturday, March 15, 2008

Afternoon with Mo & Granddad

My parents came down yesterday afternoon to spend some birthday celebration time with Rhett. We were so glad to see them!Granddad brought a few new Ranger caps, and Rhett stuck the tags on himself and on Granddad. They are alike in a lot of ways! Can you tell by their sneaky grins? :)They took him to Cold Stone for ice cream then went to the zoo. They offered to take him to the toy store to choose a toy for his birthday, but he said the toy store wasn't very fun and he just wanted to go to the zoo...not a normal response from a kid, but whatever--it was his celebration day! :) He told us that "the toy store wasn't what he was envisioning". It always cracks me up when he uses words like this. Is this a cute 4 year old or what!?
Rhett & Mo smiling with their delicious orders.
This is R's "usual"--green apple with gummy bear.
Y-U-M!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Cold Stone. We have had one here for 6 months and we have yet to go to it. Probably because I know I would eat my weight in it so I have to avoid it!
Rhett is SOOOO funny. He is SO smart! He will probably grow up to be a doctor like his daddy.
I'm glad you got to spend time with your family!

Heather said...

Looks like a fun day with Mo and Grandad!! R's choice of icecream is creative and fun. I'm cracking up at him "envisioning" the zoo rather than the toy store. funny stuff...

His Doorkeeper said...

Rhett has a mind of his own, doesn't he? That is good!! What a fun day!

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

We are going to Little Rock zoo tomorrow. After seeing the pictures of the ice cream, we may have to make a stop there as well!

The Milams said...

killing me...he sounds just like you or Lane

The Milams said...

BTW, that kid's b-day isn't even until tomorrow. I wish I got to celebrate the whole MONTH of my day!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast! I love R in caps--he looks even more adorable (if that's possible!) LOVE the one of them with tape over their mouths looking mischievious...happy birthday to my precious sweet nephew from all of us. We'll call him in the morning to preform a serenade!
Mic

Anonymous said...

Oh my. The toy store is often not what I'm envisioning either! Happy Birthday Rhett!