Sunday, March 30, 2008

Curtain Project

So I finally got a shower curtain for the kids' bath. I ordered the striped curtain from Pottery Barn Kids and made the valance last night. It was supposed to be a simple, 30 minute sewing exercise. It turned into a 3 hour project, and I was extremely frustrated. I somehow got the measurements wrong on the rod pocket and used a cute, zig-zag stitch which took FOREVER to rip out. I finally finished it at midnight and tip-toed into the Jack-n-Jill bath attached to A's room to install it. I knew I ran the risk of waking her up, but I'd been so frustrated with the curtain that I needed some closure. So here's the final product:


View from Alexee's sink

Cute trash can from The Container Store

(It bugs me that this cabinet is attached to the wall rather than centered over the toilet.)

7 comments:

Heather said...

Great job you jack of all trades..you are the most talented person I know!! The shower curtain is so very cute. And I think we might need to go pick up one of those cutie tootie frog trash cans for B's bath tomorrow.

His Doorkeeper said...

Martha has met her match!!! The valance is darling and the whole bathroom is so cute! Who are the faces on your border?

Kelly said...

Jamie - so cute!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the project took longer than expected. I'm also sorry about the cabinet. I know it must bother you...because it does bother me a little too. What a strange instillation! Yeah for the cutie trashcan!

Lindsey said...

I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

Very cute! You are so talented. I am going to have to go to the Container store and get a cute trash can for my kids' bathroom, too. Love it!

pengellylove said...

Girl...I wish I could sew! Looks great!!!!