
Earlier this month, a new store opened here: The Container Store. We went in briefly yesterday before dinner, and oh wow--it is the neatest store ever! I wanted to buy everything in there (and so did Rhett--it was a constant battle putting things back on the shelves). It gave me a huge desire to do some spring cleaning and organization. Yesterday's purchases were 1) a frog trash can with a lid for the kids' bathroom and 2) an awesome, hinged spice rack that you bolt into the cabinet and it lowers down so you can see all the spices. I'll post a picture after L installs it (assuming it fits in our cabinet). The store had a great gift wrapping section with all shapes and sizes of boxes--I barely even glanced at it, but I plan to go back soon!
After our great shopping experience, we had dinner at one of our favorite Mexican Restaurants. This morning the kids and I met my friend Stacy and her kids at McDonald's (or "Old MacDonald's" as R calls it...we rarely eat there, so he doesn't know the name...un-American, I know). They had fun in the indoor playground. We were hoping for an outdoor activity today, but the weather didn't cooperate. L is studying today. I think we're going out to eat when he gets home. Off to clean house...wish I had some new cleaning tools from The Container Store to make chores more exciting! :) Happy Saturday!
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


6 comments:
I hope we get to go there next week!! Old Macdonald's cracks me up..looking forward to 3 days of R'isms.
Oh I would love to go to the container store! It's so inspiring!!!!!
Have fun going out to eat tonight!
Love that store...although! I must admit. There are a million things I would buy, but a) to have room to put up all those organizers to organize my stuff and b) to have a husband who would PUT all them up for me....that's asking too much!
Gotta love a little CS!!! This is one of my all time favorites! I was screaming when I found out LR was getting a CS! So, it is no surprise that I shopped there on opening day! Yea, no more trips to TX for CS!!! It does get me in the spring cleaning mood, too!
Mel
I love the container store! Their gift wrap section is the best!!!
Love The Container Store. One of my favorite containers is a 12x12 plastic bin for scrapbooking papers. Love it.
Post a Comment