R has been so excited about starting swim lessons today! He nearly drove me crazy asking if it was time to go yet! :) He shopped for swim trunks last week at Old Navy--he chose his new brown ones to wear to get started today. I didn't know how he'd feel about actually getting into the water once we got there, but he did great. He doesn't like getting his face wet AT all, but hopefully he will improve with that. (Maybe he will improve and we'll even be able to give up the bath-time goggles!?)
The big challenge was keeping Alexee out of the pool. She could see Rhett and, as always, thought she should be able to do whatever he was doing. She was calling (her version of) "brother" out across the pool, and as you can see in the pictures below, she made her way over to the water.
It seems a little weird to be taking swim lessons when the weather is predicting 7" of snow in some parts of our state tomorrow, but I guess we're thinking ahead to warmer, sunnier days. (As we all know, it will be hot and humid here before long, and cold, dreary days will be a distant memory.) Hopefully Rhett will be a good swimmer by then and we'll be able to enjoy some fun in the sun!




Escape to the Country With Me
7 months ago


5 comments:
Fun! Case and I took Mommy and Me classes last year....I remember around Easter it was snowing outside of the glass dome that houses the YMCA pool in Benbrook...I felt like we were in a snow globe scene! I hope you guys have as much fun as we did!
So fun! Rhett looks so happy!
Alexee may be your little fish. Logan isn't crazy about getting his face wet, either, but when Austin's in the water usually all you see is his rear or feet. He's my fish.
That's sweet how excited he is to swim! You'll have a fun summer with him!
Rhett is styling in that suit...so cute! I love it that Alexee wants to do whatever "brother" is doing!
Post a Comment