Yesterday afternoon we made a quick trip to Sonic and to the car wash. We took the long way home (an extra 5 minutes) so that we could look for colorful trees in bloom. We saw this gorgeous forsythia bush and flowering tree (not sure what kind of tree?).


When we got home, we went out to play on the deck. Alexee helped herself to my cherry limeade. It was so cute--I didn't even know she knew how to use a straw.
Thanks to Lane's Dad who put up gates on the deck last week when they were here keeping the kids. We have two sets of steps into the yard, and the gates have been such a big help with Alexee! They stress Bogart out a little bit, but he'll survive.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


4 comments:
Spring is definitely the most beautiful time of year...I took down all of my Easter decor today which made me a little sad.
I love all the trees blooming right now! It's 77 here today - I can't believe it!
Alexee is learning early how great Sonic is! She's my girl!
I love the big cup and the little girl! Things are really getting pretty around here, too. After all the water we had last week how can things not be green.
Mom came in yesterday around noon from her trip, and the kids had gone up Tuesday night to put up a "Welcome Home, Nana!" banner. They had also picked a boquet of flowers (out of her yard) and had them in a vase waiting for her. She said today she just walked around in her very own yard admiring her very own flowers.
Was Alexee on a total sugar rush after your limeade? I remember trying to get Schäfer to drink his milk from a straw, but he was totally not willing. Then, when we were at the beach Hubs had a mango smoothie with a straw and Schäfer slurped it right up. I guess it's all about the motivation.
Post a Comment