Saturday, March 1, 2008

Have to see it to believe it

If you know me very well, you know I am beyond terrified of snakes.  I can't even stand to look at them on TV.  So what was I thinking today when we were at the zoo and there was a reptile show-n-tell going on?  I wanted to prove to myself that I would not faint if I touched a snake (a harmless king snake).  I'm proud of myself...but it was horrible.  I will not be buying one for a pet any time soon.  I hope I don't have nightmares tonight.


These are such lovely expressions on my face.  You can really tell that my heart was in it.  

6 comments:

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

I'll be having nightmares for you!

Anonymous said...

Yam - I can't look at snakes on TV either. You are way braver than I am!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love the look on your face!! I feel the same way! Ugh!

Sharmin said...

I'm not a snake lover, either! At Predator World in Branson, there's a snake house with very venomous snakes, Mom really made me nervous when she said, "What if there was an earthquake and all these glass cages broke before we could get out?" I was finished looking at snakes.

Kelly said...

I can't believe you touched a SNAKE!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

I'm with you on this phobia! I totally would've had nightmares. I always wait outside the reptile "cave" at the zoo. Good for you for facing your fear. I'm not there yet! :)