Monday, February 18, 2008

Chocolate Gravy

I can't remember if I've posted this before? It's yummy...you should try it (Mom makes it for Christmas breakfast)! I made it Sunday morning for Rhett. Lane had already left to drive the shuttle at church, and he was sad to find out that he'd missed it, so I made it again this morning.

Chocolate Gravy
--Mix in saucepan:
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour (sifted to prevent lumps)
2 Tablespoons cocoa (sifted)
--Add 1 1/2 cups milk (I usually use 1% milk, but I only had whole milk today for Alexee, so I used that and it made it extra creamy...just FYI in case you really want to splurge!)
--Heat over medium heat until mixture begins to thicken (I use a whisk to stir with while it heats)
--Remove from heat and stir in:
2 Tablespoons butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla
--Serve over toast or biscuits.

6 comments:

Heather said...

How have I missed out on this one? All of my recipe cards filed under deserts came from you and you've been holding out on sharing this one...yummy!! I think I'll make this next weekend. Do you like it better with toast or biscuits, would it be good with crouissants too?

His Doorkeeper said...

I grew up eating chocolate gravy over homemade biscuits! But I tell you what's even better....try it hot over pancakes....delish!!!

Sharmin said...

That would go very well with your pancake puffs!

This is Casey's favorite breakfast, I made it for her and one of her friends last weekend.

I have the spoon Mama Hopper used to use every time she made it.

Kelly said...

OOOOHHHHHH yum!!!!!!!

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

Ok, so people here in Texas think I'm absolutely crazy when I talk about chocolate gravy. We grew up on it. It used to be the only thing I would eat as far as breakfast. My son asks for it at least twice a week. I'm slowly winning a few people over by making them try it. Most just think I'm nuts though!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...I grew up on chocolate gravy, & that was along time ago. It was too much sugar & now that I'm mid-life I'd better stay away from it or else I'd have to buy bigger pants & that would make me depressed. Love, love the recpies...keep them coming.