The kids and I just got back from a trip to Texas. Tuesday night we drove to Mt. Pleasant and visited Mary Katherine and her boys. We had a great time with them. She made chicken spaghetti and a wonderful salad and the boys played and played until they nearly collapsed. They made a pallet on the floor and talked Brandon into putting up the tent when he got home from work. They were so cute playing outside in their cowboy boots. Rhett told me today that he wanted to go back to Zac's house and stay nine nights. I think that might wear out our welcome!
Wednesday after eating lunch in MP, we drove south to Tyler to visit Heather and her family. We went out to eat Mexican food that night. We also made a quick trip to DQ for a blizzard and a dipped cone for dessert. Eating a blizzard had been on my mind since I saw the DQ in MP. It's a good thing we don't have one here any more...I'd forgotten how much I liked those! I ordered butterfinger with EXTRA butterfinger--Y-U-M. Heather got a dipped cone. When we got home we worked on our scrapbooks and visited until about midnight. It was so fun to catch up. Heather and I talk on the phone and e-mail and write letters at least once a week, but we haven't seen each other since last March! Yesterday we took the kids to the zoo. It was a beautiful day, and they have a great zoo. Rhett enjoyed seeing animals that we don't have here at our zoo...a white tiger, a male lion, a buffalo, parrots, and long-horn cattle. Last night Heather cooked a delicious shrimp pasta dish and an artichoke dip appetizer. I think I gained several pounds this week.
Thank you, MK & Heather, for your hospitality. Please come see us soon!
Here is a new photo album from our trip: Texas Photo Album
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


6 comments:
Oh, we had so much fun with you 3!! Thanks for making the trip...hope you can recoup today. Can't wait to come to LR in April and will definitely have a pez for R. I sure wish we were closer so B and R could be buddies. Brooks asked for R when he got up from his nap. Headed to Canton this am..wish you were going with us!! Love you.
I can't believe this. I was in Mt. Pleasant Tuesday & Wednesday. We may have passed one another. Glad you had fun. Which mexican restaurant in Tyler did you go to? I love the zoo down there.
Looks like you guys had a great time! I think you are super brave for the 8+ hours in a car with the kiddos! Good job!
Oh - what a fun week!!!! I wish you lived closer to both of them. But I'm glad you got to go visit! Sounds like Rhett had the time of his life! :-)
Looks like Heather showed me up with all her fancy cooking...fresh herbs, shrimp, artichokes!! I will have to work a little harder next time!
We had a great time with you guys and I loved seeing how well R and Z played together. Your welcome back anytime, but we'll have to negotiate the NINE days!
What a great road trip! You are so awesome to travel with two kids. I seriously don't know if I could do it.
Post a Comment