I've never been one to fall for infomercials, but the same cannot be said of Rhett. He has been interested in Pancake Puffs for a long time...the infomercial is on every night during Sprout's Goodnight Show. He often calls us in to the playroom to see it, and quotes things like, "Kids love them!". So this evening we were in Bed Bath & Beyond shopping for a wedding gift when he spotted the Pancake Puffs display just as we walked in the door. He pleaded so sweetly and politely that I couldn't tell him no. So we came straight home and made puffs for dinner. The kit comes with several recipes, but I took the easy route this first time and mixed up just-add-water-pancake-batter. They didn't turn quite as perfectly as the commercial shows, but they were easy and good...and Rhett was happy! (Alexee liked them too.)

Sampling the powdered sugar while the puffs cooked. 

A satisfied customer! As the commercial says, "they're PAN-TASTIC!"
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


5 comments:
Well I don't blame Rhett - those pancake puffs look so good! :-) That's hilarious that he saw it on the infomercial and wanted it. I think he may grow up to be a chef!
Those puffy rolled-in-powdered sugar delights remind me of living in New Orleans and the Cafe du Monde and they were called beignets. They were delicious! I love the way Rhett has sugar all over him! Cute!
Pancakes are my all-time favorite! (after biscuits and gravy:) Those look awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing!
Rhett has good taste, I could never turn down a good pancake.
My fiance looked over my shoulder while I was reading your post and said, "that kid has the right idea"....so I guess we're in the market too!!! I look the same when I get into the powdered sugar. Hope you had a good weekend!
Post a Comment