Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

I'm thankful for my sweeties:

The kids each had a balloon (tied to a bag of candy) at the breakfast table this morning. R volunteered to eat A's candy since she's too little to have it. R's MDO class had their Valentine party this morning. I dropped him off, ran a few errands, then Alexee & I dropped back by school to hang out during the party. Alexee enjoyed cruising around the kids' table looking for snacks...she had the most success with pretzels from her brother. We'd signed up for sweets, so Rhett & I made rice crispy treats and cut them out in heart shapes (in the basket below).


One of the other moms made the teacher this super cute paper "basket" it was filled with little goodies. It was so cute--I hope I can catch up with her sometime and ask her to show me how to make these. It looked like maybe one piece of 12x12 cardstock with other coordinating papers cut for the triangles and squares.

My friend Melody made the kids these adorable treat boxes. They were tied up with fun ribbon and had great stuff inside (Rhett was excited to look at it when he got home).


Melody & Ella

The kids' ladybug valentine sacks on their table

Rhett enjoying his rice crispy treat

2 comments:

Kelly said...

SO many crafty moms!!!!! Looks like a great Valentines - you are so sweet to have a fun tradition of balloons and treats!
And your dinner and cherry pies looked good too! I CRY at Biggest Loser too. I loved Trent - not sure who my #1 is now.

His Doorkeeper said...

Jamie, Your rice crispy treats in a basket looked so cute and those cherry pies....yum! I love Valentine's Day at school with little kids...always my favorite holiday!
The picture of you and the kids is so cute!