Thursday, February 21, 2008

An Old Friend

("Old" as in I've known her since I was six...she's actually 12 days younger than me!) :)

I was really excited to get an e-mail today from my childhood friend, Darcy. Darcy & I were best friends all through school, K-12. Her e-mail included the link to the new family website that they started! I really wish we lived in the same town--I know we'd have fun getting together and letting our kids play (my mom and her mom were friends in school, too. I've always thought that was neat!).

Here are just a few of the many memories I have of my friendship with her (in no sort of chronological order):
--Meeting the first day of Kindergarten in Mrs. Dieslinger's class.
--When she cut my hair for me the night before senior class pictures (way shorter than my hair is now). I think my Mom cried the next morning after we left for school.
--Going to Florida with her family--she has such a FUN family...her parents and two older brothers are hilarious and always fun to be around
--When she saw presents on my desk at school and asked me what they were for...I think she felt really bad when I told her it was my birthday :)
--Riding around in her Honda Prelude
--Being in each other's weddings

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I SAW DARCY TODAY AT WAL-MART!!!!!!!!
:-)
I'm glad she started a web site. She is still so beautiful!

Lisa Sherrill Roach said...

I remember staying the night with Darcy and making up our own music video to Tiffany's I think we're alone now! She's gorgeous as always.

Heather said...

Such fun memories..I know how much you treasure them. Can't wait to check out her website.

His Doorkeeper said...

You need to go up and stay one night with Kelly and one night with Darcy and catch up with them both. I think Darcy lives a mile or two from Kelly!

I tagged you on my blog...come over and see!