Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring is in the air

It's been a fun weekend so far! Last night my friend Ali came over to scrapbook. We had brownies and ice cream, then covered the dining table with paper and ribbon and stickers and had a great time visiting and working. As usual, I didn't work as quickly as I hoped I would, so I basically just got Christmas morning (2006!) pages done.

Then this morning Rhett, Alexee and I went to a birthday party for a little boy in R's class at MDO. It was a fun party, and I had fun meeting some of the other moms that I'd never had a chance to meet before. They served pizza and cake--R's favorite part of any party. Today was a beautiful, spring-like day--it was wonderful! While A napped, R played in the back yard and I worked on a painting in the kitchen with the door open to the patio. He watered the (dormant) plants and drew with chalk and threw a ball for Bogart. Bogart was a muddy mess afterward, so we carried him in for a bath. Then I was a muddy mess!



This is one of the paintings I'm working on right now. It's a fun one--I'm enjoying it. I like all the shades of pink and brown.

And more pink and brown--here's A in a sweet pink & brown outfit that my parents got her for her birthday. You can't see the shirt very well here, but it has cupcakes on it with puffy balls for cherries on top of the cupcakes. She wouldn't leave the matching bow in her hair. She has discovered my old set of rollers underneath the bathroom cabinet and loves to "sort" them. It's so cute to watch her work at taking them all out, then carefully piling them all back in the lid. Sorting is one of my favorite baby skills--Rhett used to sort out the food on his tray...I loved that!
Tonight we went to Dixie Cafe for dinner and now I'm going to put on my PJs and paint again. I have 6 paintings to finish between the end of February and mid-March, so I'd better get busy!
Hope you're having a great weekend too!

4 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

My sister in-law paints those type signs, too. You talented people - can I have just an ounce of it, please?? The pink & brown is so sweet...

Kelly said...

Jamie - that painting is PRECIOUS! I hope you will show all six that you are doing! I LOVE to see your art work! You are SO good!

Heather said...

Painting turned out super cute..love it!! R looks really cute in the pic where he's turned around looking at you.

The Milams said...

The paintings turned out great...will definitely "hire" you to do one once we figure out T's big boy room decor.