Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stormy Weather

Yesterday evening a tornado hit a town about 5-10 minutes from my parents' town. Below are a few pictures that friends and family e-mailed me today. I've always been very afraid of storms, so it's probably good that I wasn't even aware of the storm conditions when all of this happened. Lane was gone last night, and after the kids went to bed I was reading in the office and could barely hear thunder. My sister called and said, "Well, I finally talked to Mom and Dad--they're okay". I guess I sounded a little confused when I asked where they'd been. I obviously felt ridiculous when she told me that a tornado had hit (several across the state, actually), and I didn't even know it. I'm praying for all the storm victims--it's so sad.


4 comments:

Kelly said...

That makes me SOOOOO sad. I'm glad it missed flippin.

Heather said...

I am so glad that noone in your family was hurt, and am praying for those who were affected by that horrible storm.

Jessica said...

Horrible! Just awful for those families!

The Milams said...

I am glad that your fam was safe. I was worried about all my Arkansas buddies b/c the news here talked like you all were going to be wiped off the map!