Lane & Rhett went to purchase a new car seat for R on Saturday at Babies R Us (so glad we have that store now!). L also took R's old seat apart and washed the cushions so that Al would have a nice, clean, forward-facing car seat too. He got them installed last night, so both kids were excited to try them out this morning. Alexee is obviously proud of her new set-up in the photo below! (Thanks, Daddy!) I love the big grin on her face. Rhett says he likes his new seat, but still likes his old one better. But he said that he's "glad it's still in the family with Alexee riding in it." ha! He did think that the mesh pockets on the sides were a cool feature.
I've gotten a laugh out of some of the things R has done to "help" A the last few days. Yesterday he came upstairs a few minutes before me when she woke up from her nap. When I walked into her room, he was getting a diaper out of the changing table because he said he smelled a dirty diaper. Then this morning I was getting things out for breakfast, making coffee, packing L's lunch, etc. when I looked over to A's high chair to see R feeding her yogurt. He was not wearing a SINGLE article of clothing (he was in the process of changing from PJs/diaper to play clothes/underwear), but he'd gotten the yogurt out of the fridge himself, grabbed a spoon and started feeding her. I went to get the camera, but I wasn't fast enough...he'd moved on to something else by the time I returned. He's never tried to carry her anywhere...until today. She was in the hallway and he wanted her to be somewhere else, so he picked her up under her arms and moved her! The people in the church nursery told us yesterday that they laugh about how rough she is...they said they can always tell the little girls who have big brothers. He might be a little bit rough, but he is so good with her, always sweet to her and loves her very very much. He's always patient and understanding with her--it's precious! And she loves him too. She wants to go everywhere he goes, and she thinks he's hilarious. He can always make her laugh.
They are such a joy:

Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


4 comments:
Oh I love Alexee's face in that last picture! She is thrilled to face forward! :-)
Rhett is so funny! They will make a great pair growing up!
Logan was proud of his "big" carseat, too. It looks alot like Rhett's, but what impressed him most was the cup holders!
Alexee is just growing up way too fast! I still think she looks like you, Jamie.
How sweet are they?! I bet they'll be close growing up, but I'm sure there will come a time he'll be tired of his little sister going everywhere he does. I know this from experience. hahaha Your kids are adorable!
R & A look so cute in their new seats. Car trips became so much easier when we turned Brooks forward facing.
Post a Comment