Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Fun

Rhett was very excited to get to fish-sit his friend's beta, Fishy Fish, this weekend. Rhett fed him last night and included him in a list of people & things he's thankful for when he said his night time prayers--it was cute. Hopefully Fishy Fish isn't too traumatized by the sloshy ride over to our house and having someone hovering directly over his bowl!
This is as close as we got to camping this holiday weekend--a living room tent. I still love to play in indoor tents. We made lots of these when I was a kid.



We made a last-minute decision to go to Hot Springs for the day to visit L's family. We got there around 11:00, the kids ate a quick lunch, then Lane and Grammy took R to Mid-America Museum.  One of the highlights of that excursion for Rhett seemed to be drinking from a water fountain made out of a toilet.  I stayed at the condo with Alexee while she took a little nap, then we played and grilled burgers for dinner before coming home.
Lane's Mom had these beautiful hydrangeas on the dining table.
And she made these red, white & blue cupcakes for the holiday and for two family birthdays that were celebrated today.
Lane and Rhett took a quick swim in the lake before we started hearing thunder and had to go inside.

One of the beautiful flowers down by the lake.
Cute girl covered in Cheetos.
Lane and his Dad grilling burgers.
Lighting candles for Jennifer's and Kent's birthday cupcakes.
Jennifer (my sister-in-law) and Kent (her Dad). They didn't want us to sing. Rhett was ready to grab a cupcake as soon as the fire was out! Happy Birthday to you both.
I hope you had a great, safe holiday!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like ya'll had a really fun 4th!!!
I think an indoor tent will be the only one our kids will ever see too! :-)

SuperMom said...

sounds like loads of fun!

Jacquie said...

How fun! We used to make lots of tents, too. It looks like Rhett is a good fish-sitter... he'll be wanting his own Beta now.

Leigh Ann said...

Looks like a perfect 4th! I loved making tents when I was little, too. I'm going to need to do that with Evan. Thanks for the idea!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

I love indoor tents :o) Happy 4th! I love the picture of Alexee with the yellow sunglasses...too cute!