Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Dental Appointment & Date

Rhett went in for his second dental check-up this afternoon, and he did great. He wasn't at all nervous. In fact, he seemed a little bored with the (very patient and kind) hygienist's thorough explanations of everything she did. I think he was wishing she'd hurry because I'd promised him we'd go to a movie and get popcorn if we were out of the dentist's office in time. He looked so cute with his feet crossed in the chair. I asked the hygienist if she'd mind me snapping a few pictures, and she said she has kids and completely understands wanting to document everything. I hope she doesn't mind being pictured on our blog. Rhett chose the bubblegum flavored toothpaste again this time, and he got a new toothbrush (I think he chose the one with the dinosaur from Toy Story). I'm thankful that we live in a place where we have access to medical care, including dental. It's something that's easy to take for granted, but it's such a blessing.
They offered him sunglasses because of the bright light. She asked him if he'd like to open the container of toothpaste for her, and he slid the glasses up on top of his head while he opened it! :)
We did make it for the 3:25 showing of Wall-E. However, he was bored by the time they showed 20 minutes of previews, it was too loud (according to him), and the actual movie scared him for some reason. There was no dialog, just robot/mechanical noises and big space ships with fire, etc. I convinced him to stay a little longer by having him sit on my lap, but he kept asking when we could go home, so we left about an hour into the movie. It was worth going just to hang out with him and eat buttery movie popcorn for a little while. He loved the popcorn--he ate the majority of our small bag. As we were walking into the movie, he said, "I miss Daddy and Alexee, but I like getting to spend time with just you." :) Do you think that made my day!? This is one sweet boy!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh that is so sweet what he said! He's such a BIG boy!!!!!!!!

Leigh Ann said...

What a big boy! I wish our dental visits went that smoothly! Evan does not like to go to the dentist one bit! Oh, I know what he said had to melt your heart. I'm so glad you have a blog to document that so you'll never forget it (I have feeling you would never forget it anyway). So sweet!

Jacquie said...

Jamie, I loved this post! You caught a memorable moment for him and it turned into a memorable moment for you! There are countless times that little road trips and such brought wonderful moments, now memories for me as a mom. I treasure them.

I love the verse:
"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." (Luke 2:19) You have so much to "treasure up"!

Heather said...

I too love what R said, he is just the most precious 4 yr. old little boy I know!!