Saturday, July 12, 2008

Friday Morning Playdate

Most Friday mornings we get together with some friends to play at various places. Yesterday we met at a great indoor playground because it was so hot. The kids had tons of fun, then we decided to go eat lunch...I felt bad for the waitress who was in charge of our table: 4 moms, 5 kids in chairs, 2 kids in high chairs and one baby in a carrier! Believe it or not, we didn't spill a single drink--that's probably a record for us!

Alexee and Maylee playing in the toddler area:Alexee checking in on the older kids:
Olivia, Hillary Ashton and Alexee:


When we got home, Rhett wanted to have a chariot race. I didn't know what he meant, but he showed me how to pull him around in a blanket. The tile floor was the perfect surface for indoor chariot races. He said they did this at church one week to go along with one of their Bible stories. Dad used to pull us around on blankets when we were little--we loved it! (We just didn't have a fancy name for it.)

3 comments:

Jacquie said...

I can't wait to see what Rhett thinks of the summer Olympics... Tyler used to set stuff up to jump over or off of, or copying whichever sport he enjoyed. Fun times.

His Doorkeeper said...

See, kids do not need expensive toys....in your day or Rhett's! har har

Leigh Ann said...

I HAVE to know where this indoor play area is. I am not recognizing it. Evan and Ella Grace LOVE to be pulled around on blankets. I think we'll adopt Rhett's term for it! :)