Today was the first day of sports camp for Rhett and his buddy, Lawson. Unfortunately, it seemed very unorganized when we got there, which worried me and L's mom. That kind of thing drives me crazy. There was no official check-in table, no name tags, the camp counselor didn't introduce herself and barely acknowledged we were standing there, no one seemed to be able to answer our simple questions. I asked if they'd be eating lunch or if I needed to go get R a lunch and the girl told me, "yes, they eat lunch around 11:30, but lunch is provided." When I got back to get him, they had not eaten a bite and they didn't even give the kids something to drink.
Well, both boys said they had fun...but I'm seriously considering trying to talk R out of going tomorrow...I would hope we could get our money back, or at least 4 days worth of our money back. I hate that because it sounded like such a fun thing for them to do, and I really would like to get him interested in sports.
Have you ever had a similar experience???
Rhett & Lawson--we told them to "stick together".
Doing stretches
The little sisters, Maylee & Alexee. I think Alexee wanted to stay and participate.
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


3 comments:
I never had an experience like that... so I can't help there. But, were you organizing that whole thing in your mind? I do that all the time... "if they did it like this is would be so much more organized..." Ha!
That is so disappointing. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I always get so excited to try new things with my kids and it breaks my heart when it doesn't live up to my expectations. Maybe there will be another opportunity soon??? At least you got those super cute pictures of the kids!
Did this get any better or did you decide to pull him out?
Post a Comment