Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bike Parade

I hate when I forget things (but it's happening more and more often). Today was the 4th of July bike parade at R's school. I looked at the school calendar about 4 minutes before time to get in the car this morning and saw the reminder. Of course R's bike had a low tire, so I asked L if he could air it up really quickly. He found the pump and had it repaired and loaded in the back of the Tahoe right on time. So I guess I should just be glad I remembered to take his bike, but when I got to school and saw the red, white & blue streamers and fancy balloons and American flags tied to the other kids' bikes I felt so bad! Then to make it worse, Rhett had a bike wreck and skinned up both his knees. I sent his new Diego helmet with him, but didn't send the knee & elbow pads because it seemed like a lot for him (or the teacher) to have to keep track of...dumb decision on my part!

On a different note, I'd like to give a shout-out to a friend of a friend in St. Louis....Hi, JEN MOSES...thanks for reading! :) I hope to meet you next time you're in town visiting Ali!

10 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

I have been there and done that by showing up to a "Kids Parade" w/o decorations! Thankfully, my sis had an extra statue of liberty hat laying around she let us borrow...i know, who has one of those "laying around"?

Jacquie said...

Poor Rhett! At least he has designer band-aids. If it makes you feel any better, I think my kids were always the ONLY ones who never got a special delivery at school for Valentines Day. I always felt bad that not all the kids could get something... so I didn't do it for my own. Poor boys.

Kelly said...

Well - personally it's nice to see someone who I think is the PERFECT mother have a few days where she forgets things! ha!
Poor little Rhett- bless his heart. I bet he had a good time anyway!

His Doorkeeper said...

Hopefully Rhett won't have to be in therapy too long for the trauma.......Har! If that's the worst mistake you make as a mother, you are still perfect in our eyes!!!

Having the neat band-aids was probably worth it!

The Jennings said...

Poor Rhett. I hope his boo boos are better! Even though his bike may not have been decorated the cutest, I bet he was the cutest little boy in the parade!

Gretchan

His Doorkeeper said...

Jamie, I just read a comment on my"Grandma Judy" post that was left by Rose Mary. It was so sweet and would you thank her for me since I don't believe she has a blog that I could answer her on!

I appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jamie!!! I am sooo excited to have made your blog - at least my name anyway!!! Obviously I was reading it and getting up-to-date with the Garner's. Can't wait to meet you the next time I am in LR. Feel free to include me anytime you want. :) Have a great Fouth of July. Oh, and thanks for entertaining me with your blog. As I say to Ali, "How does she do it."

Heather said...

So sorry that Rhett had his first bike wreck at school..the band-aid story cracked me up!!

Leigh Ann said...

Don't feel bad. I do stuff like that ALL THE TIME! I'm sorry he skinned his knees.

The Milams said...

I see that Ali has convinced you that "Jen" really does exist. Brainwashed!