Tuesday, July 15, 2008

"Make your papers neat"

Every morning, Kindergarten through 12th grade, Mom and Dad told me to "do good in math" and "make your papers neat". Those two sentences are forever in my mind! I've been meaning to work with R on writing his letters--I really want him to have neat handwriting. He can write his name and a few other letters. Today I was in the Christian bookstore and picked up this little writing book. I told him that after his rest time we'd play school and do some "homework" (as of right now, he likes the idea of homework). I think he mostly enjoyed using the big eraser, but he did try really hard to trace the lines and do a nice job.




7 comments:

Jennie said...

Well, their advice certainly worked on you! I remember your accounting papers being so beautiful.

Kelly said...

Rhett will be so smart when he gets to kindergarden. :-) (One more year???????)
I'm laughing at your parent's advice......I believe you did good on both counts!

Jacquie said...

I had visions of R & B saying that to y'all as little girls... how cute! I always thought they were such great parents anyway!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Last picture is PRICELESS.....might be a foreshadowing of things to come when school actually DOES start!LOL!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!!
Yes, you do have the prettiest handwriting. I always tell you that....

Leigh Ann said...

Weren't you in accounting before? Maybe that's why because you did "good in math"??? Rhett is so smart and I love that he wanted to play school. The picture of the two of you is priceless!

Heather said...

This is going to be so beneficial to R when he starts K...from a teacher's perspective I just can't explain how good this is for him!! Way to go supermom!!