Welcome 2009!
We had another quiet New Year's Eve here at our house. It looked a lot like last year: sitting on the couch watching a movie and eating popcorn, cheese & fruit. We watched the Kung Fu Panda DVD that Rhett received for Christmas. We'd been out of town for the previous two nights, so we were tired. We fell asleep on the couch around 10:00. L did set his watch alarm to go off 10 minutes before midnight. He slept for about 9 more minutes, and I told him to wake up when the ball was dropping in New York. I remember that being more exciting when I was a kid. Waking up to see Kellie Pickler and Bill & Hillary Clinton in NY last night just didn't quite seem worth it.
I guess I don't really have any official resolutions. However, a few days ago I did make a list of things I want to try to get done before Crosby arrives. Things like finish Alexee's first year scrapbook, paint birthday plates for both the kids, do Shutterfly photo books for both their birthdays, do paintings for C's nursery along with a few paintings orders for other people, etc. I've also promised myself I'd get back to regular exercise and Bible reading...I was doing okay at both back in the fall, then the holiday "rush" hit and I seemed to always have a million other things I was trying to get done. (Not a good excuse, but the truth.) I've felt the effects of neglecting both, and I really hope I can get the year started off right by making these things priorities. Our church has a daily Bible reading journal that I plan to dust off, and I'm also going to follow a daily devotion by my pastor from my hometown church, found here if you'd like to read along.
We spent the day at home today. Rhett and I worked diligently to take down both Christmas trees and all the other decorations. He was great help--he did a good job packing each ornament neatly away in its proper box. Lane grilled steaks tonight and we had our black eyed peas for good luck. We made the kids eat at least two, and I think Lane even made Bogart eat a few. We also had twice-baked potatoes and bread from Fresh Market (we went by there yesterday, along with EVERYONE else in town--it was crazy! I'm surprised there was anything left to buy in the whole store.)
Rhett was really sad to see the decorations come down. I was sad for him, but I'm personally ready to get back into a normal routine and get the house cleaned up--it seems like it's been such a mess during the holiday season (well, it's always a mess, but even more than usual during the month of December).
I wish you all a blessed 2009! It will likely be a big year of change for our family: we look forward to the arrival of our third child in April (or earlier), Lane will move from a classroom setting into a hospital setting this summer--our schedules will all have to adjust to that, Rhett will start kindergarten in the fall (I can barely even type that last part!?)...I trust that God is in control and I ask Him to guide each of us in the year ahead!


3 comments:
Oh, I felt your pain when I read the "Kindergarten" sentence.
It sounds like a year of some exciting changes for y'all though. I can't wait to read about them all!
I cannot believe it has been a year either. WOW!! I have no ideas yet. I love your tutu idea, and I was thinking of having a shirt made that says "I'm 2!" However, I am open to ALL ideas! What is your direct email? I will touch base with you that way.
2009 will bring many "new things" in your life with a new baby and Rhett starting kindergarten. I can hardly believe time has passed so quickly, especially with Rhett.
There will never be a dull moment...that's my prediction!!
Post a Comment