Sunday, January 11, 2009

Misc. pics from last week

(Catch up post)

The kids both received new boots from my parents for Christmas. Rhett had almost worn his old cowboy boots out--he loved them. He's wearing his new ones a lot too. He chose his own church clothes and wore his boots to church today. Alexee's boots have pink on them and they look SO cute on her! She wore them to eat pizza with some friends last weekend, along with her new pink Razorbacks shirt that her Daddy chose for her for Christmas.
Our friends who just moved to Houston were passing through after visiting family for Christmas, so we met them and two other families for lunch. Here's the group of all eight kids at the pizza place last Saturday. Crosby is going to change the pattern, but as of right now, all four of these families have a boy (first) and a girl (second child). Three of the boys will start kindergarten together this fall at the same school--it's probably too much to wish for that they'd all be in the same class? That would make me feel so much better!Monday was my first day to deliver a meal for our meal exchange after our Christmas break. I made a chicken enchilada casserole, a salad from my new issue of Paula Deen, and these little crepe desserts. I don't know why I bought crepes--I just saw them beside the strawberries at the store and thought they looked good. I used a recipe from the back of the package for the desserts that I delivered (it contained cream cheese and vanilla pudding and fresh strawberries). But I ran out of that mixture, so for ours we just used ice cream, a frozen berry mixture that had blackberries, raspberries and blueberries and fresh whipped cream that I'd made for waffles the night before. I think I actually liked this creation better than the package recipe. I have crepes on my grocery list for my next trip. To make them into crisp cups, you just invert coffee mugs and put the crepes over them and bake for a short time.
On Wednesday evening our sweet friend Andrea came to babysit while Lane and I went to a movie (we saw Valkyrie and liked it). Rhett and I gave her a container of Snickerdoodles that we baked that day, and the kids made her a card:
Rhett drew a picture of them holding hands for her card. He told me what to write on the inside.

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

MMM! Those crepes look so yummy!!

Love A's pink boots and R's sweet artwork.

His Doorkeeper said...

The crepes looks so good...ummmmmmm!

Love the boots....those boots are made for walkin........

Kelly said...

I love Alexee's boots - in fact I wish I had some of my own.
And those crepes look yum! The first time I ever ate crepes was at the paris hotel breakfast that ya'll suggested in las vegas and we loved them!!!!

Neil, Amy and The Girls said...

Alexee's boot are super cute.

Okay, seriously those crepes look so good. An artist and chef! Is there anything you aren't good at?