Thursday, January 29, 2009

Strawberry Lemonade Punch

Birthday party-prep continues. I was so thankful that MDO wasn't canceled yesterday (due to ice). I made a run to Hobby Lobby to get things for party favors, plates, napkins, cups, a few decorations, etc. I also went to Stork Stop and bought Alexee two outfits on sale for her birthday gift. They are things she can wear for the remainder of the cold weather time. (I'm ready to shop for SPRING though!) I also stopped by Party City to order a dozen balloons--a kid's party just isn't complete without balloons. Last night I did an online Walgreen's order for a few pictures of Alexee in her tutu (see yesterday's post) for the party favors/table decoration. Rhett and I worked on the favors yesterday afternoon, and he helped me clean the playroom and Swiffer the downstairs today. I think he likes getting ready for company.

I have a little bit of a cold. Nothing major, but you know how the common cold can make you feel kind-of crummy. Please say a little prayer that I'll be feeling better by Saturday. I think I'm getting an early case of "nesting", which is a good thing. I cleaned out the laundry room cabinets on Tuesday...you can actually use the laundry room sink now for the first time in months (it had been full of paints and paintbrushes, etc.--a total mess and I couldn't stand it any more!)

Lane's parents came over this afternoon and brought the extra baby bed (thank you, Bob & Rose Mary). I like Bob's style--he's not one to procrastinate--so he asked Lane for a screwdriver and they got busy putting the bed together right then. When I went upstairs to look, they already had it assembled and had the crib bedding in it! One more thing checked off of the to-do list--yeah! We called in a to-go order at Chili's and L & Bob went to pick it up for us. We had brownies and ice cream for dessert. It was good to see them. The kids were so excited...Rhett was in his "wild-n-crazy-we've-got-company" mode.

I made my party food grocery list tonight. I'm going to try this Paula Deen punch recipe (I'll let you know how it tastes):

Strawberry Lemonade Punch

8 oz. water
1 12 oz. jar strawberry syrup
1 12 oz. can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
3/4 cup pink lemonade drink mix

Mix above ingredients and refrigerate at least 2 hours. *

Pour in punch bowl, add:
1 (2 Liter) bottle cold lemon-lime carbonated beverage
1 qt. strawberries, frozen.

* I bought a cute ice cube tray at Hobby Lobby that makes small heart-shaped ice. I plan to freeze some of the mixture in this for party time.

3 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Jamie, Sounds like big party plans at the Garner house going on! I sure hope you feel much better and your cold doesn't get worse.

Alexee will have a wonderful birthday party! I am thinking of your parents at home without electricity. I tried to call your mom twice today to check on them and couldn't reach her.

They may bring their stuff and move in with you all till the spring thaw!! har

Have a wonderful party Alexee! Happy Birthday and post bunches of pictures of your party!!

The Milams said...

praying you get well soon.

if you're not ready to post pics of the bedding at least e-mail me one...i'm ready to see!

found the most AMAZING set of bunk beds for Rhett yesterday at Canton. I think if you sell your house and one of your cars, you would be able to afford them! BUT, I know your dad could totally build them! (He'll love me for saying that!) Wish I had thought to get the website so you could see them!

have a good weekend. Nancy's on her way here and I am excited to see her!

I am now leaving TMI in a comment on yoru blog...goodbye

Kelly said...

That sounds like wonderful punch - I'll have to try it! Hope the party went well today!!!!!
Happy Birthday tomorrow sweet Alexee!!!