"...Marley & Me celebrates two ordinary people as they try to fit love, work, children, and one volcanically misbehaved pooch into a single space." Movie review by Owen GleibermanLane and I had a chance to go see Marley & Me this afternoon. It was so good, but I cried and cried. It was a controlled stream of tears for a while...then came the scene where Owen Wilson carries Marley from their house to the car. I was desperate to think of something funny to prevent me from crying out loud. I really wished they would have left the lights off after the movie so no one could see my face. I wasn't the only one though. It's definitely one for dog lovers, but the story of the growing family is really good, too. I could relate to a lot of things about their story. Bogart got a few extra snacks this evening when we got home!


5 comments:
I bet BoBo wishes you go see dog flicks more often!
I think when you are in the middle of having babies and have a dog you love so much - this movie is just so real! I cried for about an hour after we left the movie and we were EXTRA sweet to Dawson that night. It was almost more than my hormones could take!
Jodi and I went to see it (at the matinee) yesterday, too. I sure thought of when we carried Willy out to the car... and all the tears I cried that night... or when Kale said goodbye to him... oh, it got me at that part too!
Jodi has two animals that are well on in years and she fears that the time is coming for them soon. It's going to be hard for her.
I'm not a "dog person" per se, but anyone with a heart would be moved by that movie.
It actually made me think about getting another dog.
I came home and hugged Olive for a really long time after we watched that movie! She got lots of extra treats, too. :)
I'm not even that big of a crier, but I seriously was trying not to make noise while I was crying. I still loved the movie, though.
I am so not going to see this one after reading and hearing about it from everyone. My nieces even cried their little hearts out over it. Not sure I can take it having our sweet Trixie dog.
Post a Comment