Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Birthday Party Planning

Now that the Christmas rush is over, I'm going to start thinking about Alexee's 2nd birthday (Feb. 2). I had SO much fun planning her 1st birthday bash last year! I found cute (and very inexpensive) invitations at a warehouse sale I went to back in October. They are pink and yellow and have a little fairy wearing a tutu on one side. I was thinking of ordering Alexee a tutu and having a onesie monogrammed with a two or a cupcake or something. I found this one when searching tonight...I think it's very sweet, and I would LOVE to see her in it! The shirt and bloomers below don't match, but I like the idea. Do you have any tutu advice/sources/etc.?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.oopsydaisybaby.com/
They have some really cute tutu's for babies and little girls.

Deidra said...

I love it! Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

In His Army said...

Both are adorable! What a cute idea--I know it will be sweet whatever you decide to do! I can't believe she is turning two. By the way, her red pants that she wore Christmas caem home with me somehow??? They are washed and ready to go, so I'll send them by Mario!

Anonymous said...

I'll email you a picture of what Eleanor wore on her first birthday - I thought her outfit was cute. If you want, I can ask Stacy where she got everything.

Jacquie said...

Cute stuff. I'm not much help for tutus... I couldn't get Kale or Tyler to wear them for their birthdays!

His Doorkeeper said...

Jamie,
Look at cottoncandytutus.com ....they have some cute ideas.

Can't believe Alexee will soon be two!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh how I LOVE LOVE tutus! I saw a beautiful one at the Toggery before Christmas. Have you checked there? Also, I bet Charlie would have something fantastic, too. Isn't it FUN to plan?! Love it! Our girls are growing up...so bittersweet.

Pigtails & Pearls said...

Hey there! I too will be planning Chloe's 2nd! Let's plan together again this year.....how exciting. BTW, i love the tutu!

sherry said...

Jamie you can totally make these! A friend here bought some "fairie" dresses off ebay that are basically long versions of the tutu on your blog. They are just a 1 1/2" wide elastic to fit the circumference of the girl's chest or waist and then you use those rolls of tulle from hobby lobby. Cut a length of tulle double the length of the skirt, fold in half and holding the looped end perpendicular to the elastic, bring the cut ends around the elastic and through the looped end's loop. this knots the tulle on the elastic, and you repeat this a ridiculous number of times to achieve the fullness you want! you can join the ends of elastic by sewing ribbons to tie or hooks and eyes or just sew it together so they can step into the skirt and slip it up. then top it off with a silk flower glued or sewed to the tutu and a matching headband. her blog post showing picture is http://newnothings.blogspot.com/2008/11/halloween-vacation.html

Anonymous said...

http://sparkleandcharm.com/