.jpg)
Well it's time for the big unveiling ceremony. Crosby Grant Garner is ready for monogramming and printing on stationery. We are so excited for April to get here. As some of you might know, Jamie allowed me to have "naming rights" for our third child since, although we agreed on both names for R and A, my initial choices in both cases lost favor as the pregnancies progressed. I admit that I love both names, they are perfect for our kids, and I wouldn't change them for anything, but Jamie felt bad so she let me have first crack at this name (she retained the power of veto).
For a little background, Crosby is a Scandinavian name meaning "at the Cross". We were not specifically looking for a Norse name, but loved the meaning when we looked it up. We had already thought about calling him "Cross" for short, so this was a perfect fit. We also like having a name that starts with G in the middle to make his initials CGG since R's initials are RGG.
Anyway, after careful consideration, we both love the name we have chosen and are now officially ready to reveal it to the world. Crosby Grant, come on down (in 26 weeks). You're the next contestant in the Garner Family madhouse.
-Lane (I'll let Jamie add anything she wants in her future posts)
Escape to the Country With Me
9 months ago


10 comments:
Hi Lane! What a great name and a great post. Y'all have done well naming all of your children. Your family is precious!!!
I'm enjoying watching Jamie's little belly grow - I never saw her pregnant with the other two that I can recall. I'll be so excited to meet little Crosby!
What a wonderful name. I love the meaning..."at the cross". Little Crosby will grow up with a great family and a great love for the Lord...his name says it all.
Love the name, and even love the meaning more! Can't wait to meet him! What a great family Cross has...what a blessing for him! Love you guys! Congrats!
mel
I love the name! But will you call him Crosby or Grant? Can't wait to see what kind of little personality he has! Good job Lane!
I love it and I'm so excited to know the name since we are in the process of debating names around my house. :)
Great job, Lane! I am big on name meanings, so I LOVE the anme and it's meaning! And I also think Grant Garner also has a great ring to it and sounds good together! We can't wait for him to be here! Love you guys!
Well I am slow to read this post - I wasn't around a computer much yesterday.
I love the name!!!I would love any name ya'll picked! I just love your sweet family!
I really like that name, you've chosen well.
Landon will be here December 29. Lance & Lindsay have to be at the hospital at 4am, not long now! (I'm so excited! Mom and I Christmas shopped today)
Great name Jamie & Lane. Congrats!
This is such a cute name unveiling idea.
Post a Comment