Friday, December 26, 2008

Holiday summary

(I will be wearing solid black for the remainder of this pregnancy. I look like a billboard in this photo. It's cute of everyone else though!)

We had a great Christmas! I'll post pictures when I get back home (we're at my parents' now). Rhett woke up at 6:30 yesterday morning, ready to hurry downstairs to check out what Santa brought. I was able to convince him to wait just a little longer because Alexee was still asleep. We woke her up at 7:00 and went downstairs for the exciting morning R had been anticipating for a month! The kids loved looking in their stockings, and Alexee pretty much lost interest in opening gifts as soon as she saw all the lollipops and other candies in her stocking. Rhett opened gifts for her, too. R was really excited about his Big Wheel toy...when he saw it, he came over and whispered, "Lawson has one of those!" He liked the flag for the back of it. He also got a remote control Jeep, two board games, a floor puzzle, clothes, etc. Lane looked in several stores and finally found him a pair of Razorback basketball shorts (we didn't think they'd be hard to find--there's more Hogs stuff than you could ever want around here!). L also got Alexee a pink Razorback shirt and Crosby a red and black Razorback onesie. Lane's brother and sister-in-law loaned us a kitchen set that belonged to Katie when she was younger. We picked it up from their storage shed last weekend and Lane cleaned it all up and I ran all the pretend food through the dishwasher...it looks as good as new! The kids will have a great time with it, I'm sure (thank you, Lance & Jennifer!). After a big holiday breakfast of ham, bacon, pancakes, coffee cake and cinnamon apples (thank you, Mom & Dad for the Honeybaked Ham holiday gift box!), we packed up for the trip to my parents' house.

We got here around 6:00 last night and enjoyed visiting with my Dad's side of the family--they always meet here on Christmas night. Rhett had fun playing with his cousins, and after everyone left, Mo & Granddad and Rhett & Jaiden had a slumber party in the living room with inflatable beds and piles and piles of blankets! Dad said that R sat straight up at 6 a.m. this morning and said, "I can't wait another minute for morning" and hopped up and turned the lights on! We had another big breakfast today then opened gifts here and my Grandparents came over to visit for a while.

Rhett and Jaiden loved all their gifts, but the new roller skates probably win first prize! They've skated all day long, and Rhett has only had two tear-producing falls. I was thankful that we made it through the day with no broken bones! It wasn't quiet around here today, that's for sure. At one point this evening R & J were flying through the house on skates while Alexee & Jeryn somehow locked themselves into the guest bathroom. When my sister realized it, she quickly grabbed a knife and picked the lock in a matter of seconds, and we found Jeryn brushing his teeth with Rhett's toothbrush...with toilet water. Alexee was standing beside him watching with his calf-roping rope around her shoulders...very safe. We've decided that if the kids are quiet for more than 3 seconds, someone really needs to check on them because they're probably up to no good! They seem to get into more things when they're together!

I hope you've had a wonderful time with your families as well! We plan to go see L's family in a few days, so the celebrating will continue there. Check back for holiday photos.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Your christmas sounds so fun - every second of it!!!! I would love to be a fly on the wall at your parents house while ya'll are all there! I know there isn't one boring minute - and next year there will be one more!!!!

Karen Cleveland said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!! We got a big wheel motorcycle and that has been a big hit!! The kids are at a really fun age to really enjoy the magic of Christmas. Happy New Year!!

The Partens said...

That is hilarious! I love the story about Alexee and Jeryn! It is so true that a quiet moment usually produces trouble! Merry Christmas friend!

In His Army said...

Ha! Leave it to Jeryn to be in the toilet water--he is fascinated with both toothbrushes adn toilet water, so it makes sense that he would brush his teeth in the toilet!

We had fun, love ya'll!