Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday decorating, etc.

Here's a cute girl in Christmas attire, ready for church yesterday. She was still kind-of upset and pouting because I wouldn't let her use my make-up right before time to leave, so she's not really smiling much in these pictures:

The girls are going to be outnumbered in the Garner household! Helping with lunch:to document 22 weeks:While Alexee was napping, Rhett wanted to do some Christmas decorating. We unpacked the nativity scene and he placed all the people and animals just right. Then we made some more clay ornaments like last year. (Recipe here, if you're interested--they're easy and smell great!)
Then we were watching an episode of Scooby-Doo when we got an exciting call! My friend, Darcy, was in labor and on her way to the hospital! I've been "on-call" because their families both live a few hours away, so I'd planned to help with their girls if needed. I hopped in the car and met them at the hospital (this is her third, so she thought he would probably arrive quickly). I brought the girls back to the house with me and they played with Rhett and Alexee and then went to sleep here until their Dad and Grandpa came to get them after their baby brother was born! I got to go by the hospital this morning to see the sweet baby--it's hard to believe we'll be going through that again in a few short months! Rhett was showing Hudson-Lee some "magic trics" in this picture...but she didn't seem too impressed. :) She wanted me to tell her a story about when I was a little girl when I put them to bed last night. It was weird to tell her a story about how her mom and I met and became friends on our first day of Kindergarten...now here she is at my house while her Mom is in the delivery room. How could that many years have gone by? After her bath, she let me French braid her hair which was so fun--I can't wait for Alexee's hair to get long enough to braid!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

You and Darcy were Rhett and Hudson-Lee's age when you became friends and now you have kids that age - that is so hard to believe!!!!
What did Darcy name her little boy???? So funny that your kids are all the same age!
Alexee is precious in that little dress and bow. She is going to be one tough little girl with two brothers!!!! Between them and her dadddy - the poor thing may never get to date! :-)

The Allens said...

I don't understand how you don't even look pregnant at 22 weeks. And it's your third?!? Well, congratulations, though. I'll live vicariously through you.

Jacquie said...

Alexee and that dress are just so darn cute!!!

I wouldn't even be able to tell you're pregnant in that picture! I'm outnumbered by the men in my house... and it's just alright with me.

How neat that you and Darcy are able to go through these times together. Makes me think of me and Jodi.

His Doorkeeper said...

Congrats to Darcy on the little new boy! What did she name him?

Alexee's dress is just the cutest!

You are looking so cute with your little belly!! Are you feeling good?