Lane had his final test of the semester yesterday! Now he has a two week break from school--we're so glad! One of his friends from class (and his wife) hosted a Christmas drop-in at their home last night. They're a super sweet couple. It was really nice to get to meet a lot of the people that L hangs out with on a daily basis. What wasn't nice is how old I felt after being there...I kept forgetting that I'm nearly a decade older than most of these med students!! I was talking to one really sweet girl, the wife of another of L's friends, and she told me where she went to college. I started saying, "Oh, do you know this person?", then I caught myself and realized she would have been in about the 4th grade when my friends were at her college--ha! Oh well. At least I'm not quite as old as Lane. :)
Then this morning was Rhett's MDO Christmas party. We ordered cupcakes from Blue Cake Company...I was tired of cooking! They looked very festive. (Mary Katherine--sorry to disappoint you...I know this is not very creative or cute!)Alexee loves hanging out in her big brother's class. She was so sweet. She sat at a table by herself and ate almost an entire cupcake (I took a few extras so she could have one) and drank juice. The teacher asked her if she'd like some pretzels, and she said, "yes, please". She did draw all over the table with a marker, but nothing we couldn't fix with a few sprays of 409.
Rhett showing me some of the classroom toys.
I tried to get them both to look, but A was busy with her artwork.
The class sat in a circle and sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus" before eating their treats.
Rhett and his wonderful teacher, Ms. Susan.
He had a whole stack of cute Christmas crafts that they'd made this month.
I loved this one--Baby Jesus (a wooden clothes pin) wrapped in swaddling clothes in a manger full of hay.
After the party, we ran several errands--photographer, library to return movies, post office to mail Caroline's bow holder, car wash because the icy weather this week left my car a muddy mess, then we picked Lane up at his office and went to Dixie Cafe for lunch. There Rhett asked me if I wanted a yellow thing (Splenda) for my water, and I told him no thanks. He asked why not and I said that I liked it in tea, but not in water. He said, "Well, maybe you'll like it one day when you're a little tougher." :)
Escape to the Country With Me
6 months ago


3 comments:
Yeay for Lane being on break!!! I hope ya'll have a wonderful time with him home!
Those cupcakes look soooooo good! I wish I lived near the Blue Cake Company - you make me love them!
Alexee is so cute and sweet and Rhett never ceases to crack me up with the stuff he says!
I can anlmost envision your Dad as a little boy when I hear some of the stuff Rhett says!
Cute cupcakes! I don't live anywhere near anything that makes sweets as cute as those....it's been a crazy, mess here lately, so I'm sorry I'm just now answering your question from my blog. WHEN we get settled, Sophie's nursery is going to be "antique" ....a mix of creams, browns, and hints of pink. The key word is WHEN!!.....: )
Post a Comment