Saturday, December 6, 2008

Trip to the tree farm

This was our first year to actually go and cut down a Christmas tree as a family, and the kids thought it was really neat. The tree farm that we went to had free hot chocolate and candy canes and a few animals for the kids to look at (pigs, chickens, goats and sheep--I think this was Alexee's favorite part). It was cold of course, but that made it seem more like the holidays, so that was fine. We were all bundled up.

In the distance you can see Lane and Rhett searching for the perfect one:
After we found just the right tree, we took pictures beside it before Lane cut it down. There was no one close by to take a picture of all four of us, so we had to take turns.

I love this one of the kids watching Lane saw.
The man coming by with the trailer invited Rhett to climb up and drive with him, and R didn't hesitate.
Lane loaded the tree on the trailer and we hopped on for a ride back to the main building.


Rhett shook the driver's hand and told him, "Thank you and Merry Christmas"--it was so sweet!

R enjoying his "warm chocolate".
Alexee giving one of the animals a kiss. She loved looking at all of them and would have climbed into their pens if she could have.
Here she's waving "bye!" to all the animals. I thought she'd cry when we had to leave, but instead she yelled, "bye pigs, bye chickens, by sheep...". She also says "miss you" now after telling someone (or something) bye.
It has been a really fun day. From here, we quickly dropped the tree off in our garage then went straight to a friend's Santa party (pictures soon). Then Rhett & I decorated the tree while Lane studied and Alexee took her nap. Rhett was really good help with the decorating--he did a good job! We sorted the ornaments by breakable and non-breakable...non-breakable ones went on the lower portion of the tree for Alexee's sake. I'll post pictures of the tree soon, too.

Hope you've had a fun Saturday!

5 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Rhett is such a little "man" with his good manners and that picture of Alexee waving to the animals is just priceless! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day. Your children are adorable. Merry Christmas

Lisa in TN

Jacquie said...

I loved this post, Jamie. That hat on Alexee is ADORABLE!! And Rhett is just SO DARN sweet!

The Jennings said...

What a fun family tradition!

Gretchan

Anonymous said...

That looked like a lot of fun. Was the tree place nearby? We'll have to do that one year.