This is my second year to participate in Boomama's Christmas Tour. Welcome to our home! It is sleeting outside as I type this, so it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!
First, the Nativity Scene. This sits on a table in our entry-way. We started this collection the December we got engaged (2000). I love to look at it, and it is especially kid-friendly as the pieces are not breakable!
"...While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn." --Luke 2:6-7
Also in the entry-way is our Christmas tree, cut down by Lane last weekend. It really doesn't have a theme, but the dominant color is red. I love the red butterflies at the top.
My friend Heather gave me this pretty Peace tile a year or so ago. It is in the tray in front of our kitchen sink.
One of my very favorite things about the holiday season is sending and receiving Christmas cards! It makes the trip to the mailbox very exciting each day! :)
I was so proud of this 50% off find at Hobby Lobby today--a stocking holder for Bogart's stocking (our miniature schnauzer)! Now I just need to find him a stocking to match everyone's.
Stockings L to R: Lane, Jamie, Rhett, Alexee, Crosby (due in April) and Bogart.
I haven't wrapped (or even bought) many gifts, but what we do have under the tree I've wrapped in peppermint paper.
My Mom just gave me the beaded ornaments that I mentioned really liking a while back. Our childhood piano teacher, Mrs. Schroeder, made these and I've always thought they were so delicate and pretty. (I strongly disliked taking lessons, never practiced, and therefore can't play a note--I'm sad to say.) I was happy to hang them on our tree this year.
Rhett made this angel at church a few weeks ago.
The guest bathroom:
Rhett's Christmas countdown that he made at MDO. He loves putting the cotton ball on Santa's beard each night before bed! Just a few more days to go!
I think we were supposed to share a Christmas recipe as a conclusion to our tour. If you were to drop by our house on this cold evening, I would gladly make you a cup of this:Spiced Tea
8 oz. Tang
1 cup instant tea
1 pkg. pre-sweetened Kool-aid Lemonade
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
Stir desired amount into boiling water.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


16 comments:
Look at that beautiful bathroom! haha! Great decorating!
Jamie, everything looks so festive and very Christmasy! I love the butterflies on your tree!
Everything is more fun with little kids around for Christmas! Hope your family has a wonderful Christmas! Will you be in these parts during the holidays?
Blessings to you and your sweet family!
Love the tour! I have the exact card holder that you do! Too funny. Thanks for inviting us into your lovely home!
Beautiful, I love it all, from one Jamie Lea to another....
I have never thought of butterflies has a Christmas decoration, but it fits so well into the meaning of the season.
I enjoyed your home. Thank you.
Everything is beautiful!!! :) Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas! :)
Everything looks so pretty! I love the Christmas countdown calendar! What a great idea! Don't you love what the teachers at MDO come up with?!
Love your Christmas decor! Especially the peppermint wrapping! Thanks for sharing! From one Arkansan to another!
Very festive indeed! Thanks so much for sharing your home with us.
Merry Christmas!
How pretty everything is. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Wow, Jamie! It all looks so fantastic!
What a wonderful tour of your home. Everything looks great!
Your home looks like the perfect cozy place to snuggle up and enjoy Christmas! Your tree is just beautiful and I love all the handmade ornaments! Thanks for sharing & Merry Christmas!
Looks great!
Your tree is pretty! I love the reds, myself. Your stockings are perfect on your mantle. And the peppermint wrapping paper is so cute!!
I love the reds too! Everything is so beautiful right down to the bathroom!
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment