This afternoon I made this Peanut Butter Chocolate Trifle to take to our Pokeno group Christmas party. It was one of those recipes that used every dish in the kitchen! I'm a messy cook anyway, so our kitchen was a wreck by the time I got this ready to refrigerate! If you don't mind multi-step desserts, click HERE for a link to the recipe.
The couples' party was hosted by the Sniders, and it was a great evening! Thank you, Scott & Mary, for having us--everything was wonderful! Mary made a wide variety of appetizers--all delicious! We asked Rhett to take our picture in front of the tree before the party:
Mary's table full of delicious food:
Their Christmas tree in the entry way looked like it belonged in a magazine--it was so pretty!
This is (most of) the Pokeno Group. We missed you girls who weren't there for the photo!
Back row: Mindy, Wendy, Jamie & Cameron; Front row: Leigh Ann, Tracie, Mary & Ali.
I'm really thankful for this group of girls--I enjoy spending time with all of them!
********


6 comments:
I think you look great!!!
I want your dress! That is so cute! And your little belly still looks little to me.
I think if you "fail" the test they make you go back for the 3 hour test and if you "fail" that one... you are treated for gestational diabetes... which means you won't be eating sugar for all your meals! You will probably do fine... I ate so much junk when I was pregnant!!
I failed the first test with Brooks due to my apt being the day after Halloween. They'll have you come back for a 3 hour test. It was icky!!
I'm a messy cook, too. UGH! Always lots of dish washing when I'm done.
You are starting to show a little and you look so cute!!!!
I love that dress you wore to the party - so cute!!!!!
OOh the trifle looks really good! To answer a question, if you fail the test it's not the worst thing ever, but the key is to minimize the sugar you eat the day before/morning of your test. Then your body should be fine to work with the sugary stuff they give you that morning/day...not the case for me--I do have gestational diabetes! No matter how little sugar I eat the weeks before, when they give me the drink that day I skyrocket :( It's part of it for me but if you've never had blood sugar issues I"m sure you'll pass with flying colors!
Post a Comment