Sunday, December 14, 2008

Friday through Sunday update

It has been a good weekend. Friday afternoon my friend Mary Katherine and one of her two boys came into town for a visit. We went to eat pizza that night and then had hot apple cider and addressed Christmas cards after the kids went to bed. It was really great to have the chance to catch up with her. She brought the kids these super cute Christmas place mats. Somehow I didn't take a single picture during the visit--very unusual!? Her son that is R's age didn't come because he was on a deer hunting trip with his Daddy. Last night Rhett prayed and said, "Thank you for letting Mrs. Mary Katherine and Trent come to see us. We're sorry that Zachary didn't come, but we will see him in January when we visit Texas." Maybe Zachary will cook us a deer-meat dinner when we "visit Texas". :)

(I really do try to put bows in Alexee's hair, but she won't leave them in!)Last night we went out to eat. It was one of those dinners when we were just so glad to get back in the car afterward. Alexee climbed over the table at least 20 times to switch from my side of the booth to Lane's. Had it not been for my quick reflexes (ha), she would have knocked a plant off the ledge onto the people on the other side. Rhett of course needed to go to the bathroom as soon as we sat down to order, etc. I think a popcorn dinner would have been much easier and cheaper. Maybe that's what we'll do tonight.

Alexee before dinner, looking sweet, but ready to be a handful at the restaurant:
Rhett in the lobby of the restaurant by the Santa that he likes to look at every Christmas season. The Santa sings and dances. Alexee didn't want to go near it.
This morning I worked in the Cafe at church, and Becky provided a wonderful Christmas brunch for the Cafe volunteers. I was going to try not to eat very much because of my glucose test tomorrow morning, but I failed to stick to that plan. She made this yummy fruit pizza with shortbread crust and spelled "Merry Christmas" out with blueberries!
These were the pretty sugar cookies that she gave us.
I'm 24 weeks today. Crosby Grant has grown a lot in the last two weeks (at least I hope it's him growing and not me!?).

5 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Jamie, You look soooo cute with Crosby Grant! You have really started to show now and look great!!

So funny about Alexee not wanting to go near the mechanical Santa!!

Kelly said...

You look so cute!!!
And that fruit pizza looks delicious!
I love Alexee in her little red outfit!
And I'm glad you got to see MK!

Jacquie said...

Alexee looks so cute!! You'd never guess that innoncent looking little girl would keep you on your toes!!

Ok, you officially look pregnant, finally!!!

In His Army said...

Great picture of you at the end--You look great and that's a pretty dress! I wish I could've seen MK while they were in town. We tried eating out after church yesterday and when I got back in the car I thought I was going to need a paper bag to hyperventilate. They are not interested in eating, and Jeryn loves to throw food right now. I was so afraid someone was going to get drilled with some maccaroni! Yesterday we snagged a round booth and each sat on a side adn tried to keep him hemmed in!! Worked for about five minutes...

The Partens said...

I see you're coming to TX in January. Any chance you'll head my way for a few days?? You look fantastic and I LOVE the name Crosby Grant. I wish I could say your Terrible Two terrors will end soon, but as of yet, no end in sight for us! I carried M like a sack of potatoes - screaming - out of two different places today!